Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC forum?

Southpaw

Who else thinks it would be nice to have a dedicated PCC forum? I know there's the "Rifle - Technical" forum in the Multi-Gun section, but with PCC coming to USPSA I think it would be useful to have a forum dedicated to them in the "Technical" section.

Right now PCC threads are spread across a few different forums; I think with people gearing up for PCC starting in USPSA it would be helpful to have all the threads in one place where everyone can share their experiences with getting their PCCs running. Building one myself, I've found there are a number of issues unique to PCCs where it would have been helpful hearing from others who have already built theirs and any issues they've encountered.

And it would have the added benefit of having all the PCC threads in one place so it's easy for all the haters to avoid them by simply not going into that forum :P

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question directly: Sure!

I've heard it argued that this is a USPSA forum and 3-gun (or even Steel Challenge, etc.) should not presume any special privileges simply because they share an interest in competitive shooting. Non-USPSAers are guests in BEnos and should behave appropriately. Having said that, PCC is in fact a USPSA creation, and it's different enough from "Factory Pistols," "Open Pistols," "1911 Style Pistols," and "Revolvers" that this suggestion for discussion isn't too outrageious, at least in my opinion.

Okay, that, and I'd like to learn more about PCC. It's own section would ease my search-fu anxiety. PCC is definitely piquing my interest the more I think about it.

Edited by jkrispies

PCC is definitely piquing my interest the more I think about it.

Do it! It's a lot of fun B)

If you build it, the haters will still come.

Very true, but with its own forum at least we'll be able to say "if you don't like it then don't come into the forum" ;)

We're talking about it -- but don't hold your breath until the Board takes action, and makes it at least a provisional division.

Thanks Nik. Glad to hear you're considering it. I thought it might be nice to have the forum now since a number of people are putting together their PCCs now in advance of when the provisional division goes live so we're ready to go. And isn't it more of a sure thing that it's happening for Steel Challenge? :)

There are too many possible forum locations -- depending on board action......

If Steel Challenge only -- then it might, and I stress "might" become a sub-forum there.....

If USPSA pistol is approved, that would require different thinking....

There are too many possible forum locations -- depending on board action......

If Steel Challenge only -- then it might, and I stress "might" become a sub-forum there.....

If USPSA pistol is approved, that would require different thinking....

How about a sub-forum for PCC in the rifle forum and let the rules discussions fall in the appropriate organizations forums?

Why?

There's no Limited forum...

There are forums to discuss all the different types of guns used in Limited, 2011, CZ, Glock, etc. I'd like a forum to discuss pistol caliber carbines, not necessarily only PCC for USPSA, this forum could be for anyone interested in getting a PCC, even if not for competition or for outlaw PCC matches, etc. Questions on PCC USPSA rules could still go in the rules forum. That's why I suggested putting this proposed PCC forum in the "Technical" section.

Understood, thanks. Y'all are putting way more thought into that than me, I would've just stuck it anywhere :)

We did that in the beginning -- then eventually we discovered there was a better way, and had to move the pile from one place to another......

Now we try to think about it for five minutes or so...... :D:D

If you build it, the haters will still come.

They'll just be jealous of the PCC rifle I don't currently possess.

PCC forum please!!!

As to the haters, that is what makes most of the conversations so fun. I love to school ignorance, and every now and then I learn something new.