Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC forum?

Southpaw

What about CO, which is already a provisional division?

There are forums in existence where those questions belong -- i.e. Handgun Technique, for shooting questions, and the Factory Pistol forums for technical questions. Really you're dealing with a factory gun with an optic -- we're not adding a forum for that.....

ETA: And that's largely because the Glock specific technical questions are likely to have slightly different answers, than say the CZ specific answers -- and may interest folks others than CO competitors. Given the number of gun options for the divisions, I don't see that anything else makes sense....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about CO, which is already a provisional division?

There are forums in existence where those questions belong -- i.e. Handgun Technique, for shooting questions, and the Factory Pistol forums for technical questions. Really you're dealing with a factory gun with an optic -- we're not adding a forum for that.....

ETA: And that's largely because the Glock specific technical questions are likely to have slightly different answers, than say the CZ specific answers -- and may interest folks others than CO competitors. Given the number of gun options for the divisions, I don't see that anything else makes sense....

Agreed. CO is basically just a production gun with a dot milled into it. The same reasoning would preclude the need for an L-10 section. PCC is a whole new beast. Frankly, I'm guessing that a working PCC competition gun will be different enough from a .223/.308 rifle (ie, 3 gun section) to NOT easily fit into those categories either... but then I can't claim to be an expert to make that call. Edited by jkrispies

Why?

There's no Limited forum...

There are forums to discuss all the different types of guns used in Limited, 2011, CZ, Glock, etc. I'd like a forum to discuss pistol caliber carbines, not necessarily only PCC for USPSA, this forum could be for anyone interested in getting a PCC, even if not for competition or for outlaw PCC matches, etc. Questions on PCC USPSA rules could still go in the rules forum. That's why I suggested putting this proposed PCC forum in the "Technical" section.

Why?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=3

for single and double-stack

Why?

There are forums to discuss all the different types of guns used in Limited, 2011, CZ, Glock, etc. I'd like a forum to discuss pistol caliber carbines, not necessarily only PCC for USPSA, this forum could be for anyone interested in getting a PCC, even if not for competition or for outlaw PCC matches, etc. Questions on PCC USPSA rules could still go in the rules forum. That's why I suggested putting this proposed PCC forum in the "Technical" section.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showforum=48

for rifles...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Corey said:

As someone who is trying out PCC for the first time this Sunday and waiting on some out of stock parts to build my own setup Ill see what I can do...

As someone who would love to try out PCC but can't so is instead waiting for 1911 parts to come in so I can build my own setup... I thank you!!!

On 9/11/2016 at 9:49 AM, shutr said:

Looking in 3-4 different places to find info on PCC is a real pain in the a$$. We really need our own forum. PLESAE?

You wouldn't need to look in 3-4 places if the OP's of the theads in question had used the search function and not started a new topic with every single question...

On September 16, 2016 at 2:50 PM, GrumpyOne said:

You wouldn't need to look in 3-4 places if the OP's of the theads in question had used the search function and not started a new topic with every single question...

With the greatest of respect, I disagree. Just look at the list of diverse PCC threads in the screenshot I posted above as an example. It looks to many of us like there is enough action to justify a dedicated PCC forum... I'm not sure what the objection could be. 

Edited by StealthyBlagga