Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it fair to require USPSA shooters to go prone?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like getting my clothes dirty.

shoot naked?

In IPSC you would get bumped to open for not having all your equipment behind the hip bone

Sent by Jedi mind control

shoot naked?

In IPSC you would get bumped to open for not having all your equipment behind the hip bone

My "equipment" won't stretch that far.

shoot naked?

My "equipment" won't stretch that far.

This give rise :rolleyes: to another problem where the "holster" for the "equipment" is not behind the hipbone. We may need a ruling for eunuchs or individuals that identify themselves as eunuchs. Sort of looks like most everyone is in Open...

I think its fair. I have seen plenty of instances where someone is at a disadvantage based on height weight handicaps or whatever. It all comes out in the wash. After all it is a sport.

• 2 months later...

USPSA is a sport - there's a physical element to it, unlike a static contest of shooting skill like Bullseye or GSSF. Personally I like "track meet" stages since I'm 36 and still move pretty much as fast as I did at 25. That's changing slowly year by year, and things like a chronic wrist injury are starting to catch up with me... but I LOVE how physical practical shooting is. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I do not like going prone - I simply don't shoot very well there, and that's why I love it when stage designers make me do it. I do like seeing stages where one of the competitive ways to attack the stage allows prone shooting to be your final position... so those with old stiff joints don't have to get back up on the clock

Prone as last shooting position would conform to IDPA rules. (So you'l probably never see it in a USPSA match!)