Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 3 review / comparison

Garmil

Got one in today and am very impressed. It's very similar to the rts2 obviously but I'd say it's better than the rts2 in every way other than the longer footprint. Will need to put some rounds on it to be sure this is just an initial observation.

Plenty bright even tho it's a 3 moa much brighter than a 3 moa fastfire.

Auto on and shut off works great

Nice glass with less tint than rts2

Buttons work smoother than rts2

Some pictures of Romeo 3, rts2, fastfire 3

post-56194-0-03956300-1463273194_thumb.j

post-56194-0-61986800-1463273205_thumb.j

post-56194-0-41845300-1463273215_thumb.j

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks pretty cool. :) I still wish they made a 6 or 8 moa dot but I can understand the brightness helps. My aimpoint comp3 is 4moa but super bright. It's kind of like a 6moa slideride.

Thanks for sharing the comparison. :)

Ipsc Alex

So Arredondo mount with plastic adapter will work. I can't think of another one that will. Cheely does not currently have plans to make mounts for these sig optics.

Ipsc Alex, cheely, jv, others Etc. you must have misunderstood. Any rts2 mount without a blast shield will work. Doesn't need to be made for the sig.

Ipsc Alex

So Arredondo mount with plastic adapter will work. I can't think of another one that will. Cheely does not currently have plans to make mounts for these sig optics.

Ipsc Alex, cheely, jv, others Etc. you must have misunderstood. Any rts2 mount without a blast shield will work. Doesn't need to be made for the sig.

My point was most have blast shield or lip so they will not work without milling. Ipsc Alex and Arredondo should work.

I've been also very interested in this sight, if possible could you take a pic of it from behind to see the glass view and base thickness. Not a lot of pictures of this sight yet.

Again, from Kingman:

JwKwLPal.jpg

oWUhrDv.jpg

Edited by alma

That SIG Romeo 3 sight looks like an OEM version of the RTS2. Look at all of the position of all the controls and shape of the glass. Its looking like all of the same internal components in a SIG branded chassis. I am not sure if C-More has a patent on the RTS2 but if they do they would be all over SIG for patent infringement. Unless they are OEMing the sight to SIG.

That SIG Romeo 3 sight looks like an OEM version of the RTS2. Look at all of the position of all the controls and shape of the glass. Its looking like all of the same internal components in a SIG branded chassis. I am not sure if C-More has a patent on the RTS2 but if they do they would be all over SIG for patent infringement. Unless they are OEMing the sight to SIG.

Perhaps that statement assumes that C-More makes all its own sights. The Romeo3 does have some unique design enhancements over the RTS2 including a lense that is more clear and an auto shutoff/turn on feature. There are, however, obvious similarities.

Edited by alma

Lens coatings and minor software features are easy to change to make an OEM product unique to differentiate it from the original product its based on. Any way you cut it, that thing is a rebadged RTS2.

Lens coatings and minor software features are easy to change to make an OEM product unique to differentiate it from the original product its based on. Any way you cut it, that thing is a rebadged RTS2.

A better one for less money.

A better one for less money.

Hopefully its better than the RTS2. But you really don't know until its got at least 10K on it right?

Alma thanks for posting pics, I have been swamped recently and just haven't had the time to upload them.

Well just some rough dry fire thoughts. The dot is super bright. Much brighter than my Cmore dot, despite theoretically being less than half the size. The lens being clear is very nice. I never really noticed before, but I think it will make a difference.

I will sight it in today and run some rounds through it. I'll post more on my facebook tonight, then I'll post here.

Something you all have been waiting for.

Finally got caught up and took the new Sig Sauer Optics Romeo 3 out mounted to my SVI 9mm IMM open gun. This gun has been eating optics like it was fruit loops so after some thought it was mounted on this gun with hopes and dreams.

Sunday Morning at a local private range I sat and sighted it in first at 5 yards and then backed up to 25 yards. First thing I noticed when comparing the two dots was the small size of the Romeo 3. So I got it sighted in and noticed at 25 yards that dot was super precise. I was using an NRA indoor 50 foot slow fire target and could pinpoint where I wanted the shots to go. This turns out the small dot may be a plus.

So then I moved over to the trusty plate rack. I was able to maintain a controlled average of 3.2 second runs at 10 yards without pushing. I knew every plate was hit and clean. So I backed it up to the test 25 yards. This is where you start to really appreciate the smaller dot. I could put it on the plate where I wanted. Overall a very nice presentation.

I then moved up to 5 yards on some USPSA full size targets. I wanted to practice draws, strong and weak hand as well. I noticed that even though the dot was smaller it was bright at full speed. I was still able to pick it up and maintain my speed. So far I am impressed, it is bright enough to catch at full speed and small enough to put the shots where you want them.

I then did some transitions on targets in shade to bright sunlight. The dot did not appear to wash out at all going back and forth. I was pushing the gun pretty much on the ragged edge of controlled shots just to see if I would lose it.

So far I am impressed, roughly 450 rounds on the dot. It is holding up and bright. This dot despite being half the size is brighter than the other brand I was using. In bright daylight I was not losing it at all. Now the problem. The way they have the glass set back in on the housing is a pain. My gun put residue all over the screen, as it does with the other dot as well. The problem is getting the lens clean takes more work. The housing makes it harder to clean to the edges. I will continue to use this and see what it brings.

Kingman ,

I'm new to the Sig. Does the Romeo 3 only come in the one dot size , and what is that dot size ?

Also may I ask what the other brand was that you were using, and what dot size was in the other brand ?

And thank you for the report on the Romeo 3.

Edited by gunnit