Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 3 review / comparison

Garmil

I think if they just got rid of the extra material in front it would be better and allow for more rts2 mounts to be used.

Alma do you know the mounting pattern of the Romeo 1 for sure yet?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think if they just got rid of the extra material in front it would be better and allow for more rts2 mounts to be used.

Alma do you know the mounting pattern of the Romeo 1 for sure yet?

I don't know for sure. Spacing and relative position on the set screws looks similar to the Delta Point but as with the Romeo3 it may be a bit longer.

Both the Romeo1 and the Romeo3 may have been designed with a longer base to allow for the dots to be dovtailed into a slide cut like a giant rear sight might be. Kind of a unique design since the set screws are really just a backup to hold everything in place rather than the primary mechanism. The Romeo1 is pretty light as well. I think Bruce Gray said it was .6 to .7 oz but I haven't verified that myself yet.

The stand alone Romeo1s aren't shipping yet. Looks like they are putting any that they can find on full size P320 RX being sold through Cabela's. So far so good is what I am hearing from those who have been shooting those guns.

Deceided to try one of these myself ! Initial impression is I'm going to love this thing .. Glass is very clear the dot is super bright and easy to pick up ... Switched from a slideride cmore and loving how less cluttered the slide looks with this thing .... I modified a slide ride mount to fit this bad boy because I was to impatient to wait for a rts mount :) only 100 rounds in and I'm liking it as long as it holds zero will be good to go

A8CE241A-93CC-47E3-8102-867C1FDB162D_zps

• 3 weeks later...

Why the double sided mount? its a very light optic, allthough a double sided mount could be made thinner allowing it to sit even lower.

any undrilled mounts? got a.. well unknown mount with slideride, dont feel like more holes in the frame. 

Well, when I talked to Brandon at SVI about why he stayed 2 sided he told me that they measured flex on a single sided mount and found the movement to be more than they wanted even with the RTS2.  

Just to ADD over 10k on the one on my open gun so far.  

Edited by Kingman
round count

Would the Romeo 1 work on an RTS2 mount as well, or is it a different mounting pattern? I'm honestly a little more interested in that version over the R3. Little less bulky, no overhang in the front, but still the motion-sensor capability and similar dot...

3 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

So the R1 would likely not fit on an RTS2 mount, as the R3 does?

I think it's different but now that I have the R1, I unfortunately don't have the R3 on hand to compare. 

Does this mounting pattern resemble anything else? 

wlBrvEth.jpg

I looked on the Sig site and found the following:

R1 is 1X30 and is 1.8" long

R3 is 1X25 and is 2.3" long

Would seem the R1 has a larger window than the R3, also seems to be less expensive if the prices on Amazon are correct.

If the romeo1 is bigger lens, smaller package AND cheaper, why would we choose the romeo3?

edit, update, found some ish spec, can anyone confirm? quick math makes the lens of the romeo3 to be close to what they spec 25 wide x 21 high, if we guess dimensions and material thickness are somewhat similar on the romeo1 it would be like 30 wide and 16 high.. 16mm is getting rather tiny, especially when used to the 29mm slideride... why cant they just make something similar? the romeo3, with just a taller glass would be perfect, but guessing its not superdupertactical fo the conceal carry application, but it would make a really nice low bore to sight distance. 

romeo31.jpg

romeo3_1x25mm1.png

romeo11.jpgromeo1_1x22mm1-1.png

Edited by ano

So being new to these Micro sights what is the consensus on the better way to go? 1 or 3? if the issue is height over bore looks to be 1, if the issue is just seeking a smaller package than a standard C-more then 3?