Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Tactical M&P Long Slide

Avedis

So with this, would you be able to get a APEX 6' slide and barrel in 40 and put it on a M&P 9 pro to make it a 40?

Yes, although you might have to swap out the ejector on your sear housing depending on the tolerances of your particular pistol.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, although you might have to swap out the ejector on your sear housing depending on the tolerances of your particular pistol.
Randy

So would the ejector explain the occasional FTFs I have had with my 9mm conversion barrel in a .40? Otherwise it runs great, FTFs about 1 in 100.

Edited by ParaOrdnanceLarry

Hi All,

Since the cat was let out of the bag, We don't have an eta or price yet for the top end as we are preparing for our transition out of the state of CA.

What I can tell you is that when they are available, there will be different sight options (optics cut is one) as well as availability in 9 initially, with .40 to follow shortly thereafter.

The new slides will encorporate several elements that I feel will improve function and enhance accuracy. We plan on seeing how well our design will work at Bianchi Cup 2017 Metallic division as well as other major events.

More detailed information will be presented at the NRA Show.

Hey Randy what is the time line on moving out if CA? And after that happens when can we expect to see threaded apex grade barrels. I'm just trying to time my supressor purchase. I can't wait to get my hands on an Apex long slide. Do you have any plans to partner with a holster manufacturer like bladetech so I can get a nice holster for competition once these are available?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We hope to be fully operational by October, if all goes well. We should have threaded barrels before the end of the year and will make sure someone will have holsters available when the slide assemblies go live.
Will this be coming out in 40sw for those limited Shooters? :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Randy

So would the ejector explain the occasional FTFs I have had with my 9mm conversion barrel in a .40? Otherwise it runs great, FTFs about 1 in 100.

Hmmm, I wouldn't expect the ejector to cause FTFs, but you never know. Usually you would see erratic ejection or failures to extract/stovepipes.

Hi All,

Since the cat was let out of the bag, We don't have an eta or price yet for the top end as we are preparing for our transition out of the state of CA.

What I can tell you is that when they are available, there will be different sight options (optics cut is one) as well as availability in 9 initially, with .40 to follow shortly thereafter.

The new slides will encorporate several elements that I feel will improve function and enhance accuracy. We plan on seeing how well our design will work at Bianchi Cup 2017 Metallic division as well as other major events.

More detailed information will be presented at the NRA Show.

Hey Randy what is the time line on moving out if CA? And after that happens when can we expect to see threaded apex grade barrels. I'm just trying to time my supressor purchase. I can't wait to get my hands on an Apex long slide. Do you have any plans to partner with a holster manufacturer like bladetech so I can get a nice holster for competition once these are available?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We hope to be fully operational by October, if all goes well. We should have threaded barrels before the end of the year and will make sure someone will have holsters available when the slide assemblies go live.
Will this be coming out in 40sw for those limited Shooters? :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Yes!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guess there might not be enough demand for a 5 inch since the Pro and L are out there, but some of us with the standard size gun would love to have one, especially with the Apex barrel. Maybe with a reduction in Smith's generous tolerance between the slide and frame, if that is part of the plan....since finding a Smith 5 inch slide is tough.   

On 10/26/2016 at 9:59 AM, sheepdog said:

Guess there might not be enough demand for a 5 inch since the Pro and L are out there, but some of us with the standard size gun would love to have one, especially with the Apex barrel. Maybe with a reduction in Smith's generous tolerance between the slide and frame, if that is part of the plan....since finding a Smith 5 inch slide is tough.   

Once we are in full operation in AZ, anything is possible... :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Randy, back when the 5" 9Pro came out, I ran one after using 1911's for several years.  I put your parts in as they were released, and loved the thing.  Until one month the accuracy went to hell - barrels were rare back then for these things, and I couldn't see keeping a pistol that went from 3-4 inch groups @25 yards to over a foot.  I moved on with life and different platforms, and lately your continued progress has me interested in these again.  It really does seem like you've figured out ways to address the accuracy issues.

I would love to see a 5" slide assembly - 6" pistols are nice, but are too much of a specific-purpose setup, and the 5" provides a great middle ground between standard and a 6" in my humble opinion.  If you can release a 5" top end assembly, I'll probably buy one to put on a standard thumb safety 9 full size.  Partnering with Dawson for sights would be phenomenal, and make it possible to turn any old MP stumbled across in trades, etc., into a legitimate platform for competition.

Edited by michael.flitcraft

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I keep throwing money at my screen but no one seems to make a 5" slide I can buy short of buying a whole gun from S&W. Randy sure know better then me what he can sell, but I would think the market for 6" slide would be a lot smaller then people who want to build a 5" top end for their 4.25" guns or want to lighten one or whatever/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 9:59 AM, sheepdog said:

Check this out!! I wonder if it is real?? Verrrrry interesting!! :mellow:

https://www.smith-wesson.com/search/node/Slide Kits

At $419 on those, a bit too close to a whole gun price.  Really thinking Apex will be a better product for the money or close...that would appeal to me.  I don't like how loose the factory slides are on the frame inserts much less the possibility of barrel related accuracy problems.

Edited by sheepdog

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, sheepdog said:

At $419 on those, a bit too close to a whole gun price.  Really thinking Apex will be a better product for the money or close...that would appeal to me.  I don't like how loose the factory slides are on the frame inserts much less the possibility of barrel related accuracy problems.

Im with you in this boat.