Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Tactical M&P Long Slide

Avedis

I would buy a few 5 inch slides if available but S&W is always out of stock. Not so sure about a 6 inch.

is s&w willing to sell their 5" slides? i used to keep trying to contact them for the 5" slides but they said they wouldnt sell me just the slide...finally found a complete Long slide assemblt for 375....(i live in CA so thats actually a good price)

I think you are correct on Smith not selling direct. There are some places out there that can get Smith parts

and they have said they get them from time to time but I have yet to catch any in stock.

I like the 5 inch slide on a 4.25 thumb safety lower. I would buy a few 5 inch slides but do not really have any need for a 6 inch.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Since the cat was let out of the bag, We don't have an eta or price yet for the top end as we are preparing for our transition out of the state of CA.

What I can tell you is that when they are available, there will be different sight options (optics cut is one) as well as availability in 9 initially, with .40 to follow shortly thereafter.

The new slides will encorporate several elements that I feel will improve function and enhance accuracy. We plan on seeing how well our design will work at Bianchi Cup 2017 Metallic division as well as other major events.

More detailed information will be presented at the NRA Show.

Hey Randy what is the time line on moving out if CA? And after that happens when can we expect to see threaded apex grade barrels. I'm just trying to time my supressor purchase. I can't wait to get my hands on an Apex long slide. Do you have any plans to partner with a holster manufacturer like bladetech so I can get a nice holster for competition once these are available?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Since the cat was let out of the bag, We don't have an eta or price yet for the top end as we are preparing for our transition out of the state of CA.

What I can tell you is that when they are available, there will be different sight options (optics cut is one) as well as availability in 9 initially, with .40 to follow shortly thereafter.

The new slides will encorporate several elements that I feel will improve function and enhance accuracy. We plan on seeing how well our design will work at Bianchi Cup 2017 Metallic division as well as other major events.

More detailed information will be presented at the NRA Show.

Hey Randy what is the time line on moving out if CA? And after that happens when can we expect to see threaded apex grade barrels. I'm just trying to time my supressor purchase. I can't wait to get my hands on an Apex long slide. Do you have any plans to partner with a holster manufacturer like bladetech so I can get a nice holster for competition once these are available?

We hope to be fully operational by October, if all goes well. We should have threaded barrels before the end of the year and will make sure someone will have holsters available when the slide assemblies go live.

• 4 weeks later...

The rep that I spoke with said the assembly will have their "Apex Barrel" custom fit to the slide. All you will have to do is remove your old top end and slide the new Apex assembly on. The way I understood, it will only be available as a complete top end and not just the slide.

Got to put my hands on the Apex Tactical Long Slide at Brownell's Open House on Saturday. Will be interesting to see range test results.

My M&Ps pretty much collect dust these days since I acquired my STI pistols, but Damn that is a cool pistol!

We just started the accuracy/ function testing phase of the project. I can't release accuracy data as of yet, however I can say that the longer sight radius really helps, just as people have found on other platforms like the STIs or single stack 1911s.

I will try to update both here and FB with the accuracy testing as best I can.

Will these be production/SSP legal?

If I were a betting man I would say no simply because they are not producing anew actual firearm. The polymer frame is what is actually the firearm and that serial number is tied to a specific configuration of that firearm, and the factory configurations in which they are produced dictate the production gun list. So I wouldn't think these will be production legal but we can hope. I have been wrong on more than one occasion.

I feel like after going through all the work I'm sure they went through to make what is a really great looking and hopefully functioning M&P upper, it seems like a mistake to not at least offer front cocking serrations of some sort. That has been my biggest issue with M&Ps all along...

I feel like after going through all the work I'm sure they went through to make what is a really great looking and hopefully functioning M&P upper, it seems like a mistake to not at least offer front cocking serrations of some sort. That has been my biggest issue with M&Ps all along...

Remember that these are prototypes so what is pictured are not what the production runs will look like. These were more proof of concept models, however they are jaw droppingly accurate...

• 4 weeks later...