Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Tactical M&P Long Slide

Avedis

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.25 inch? Wonder if this will be USPSA production and IDPA SSP legal...

According to their comment on Instagram, 6 inch barrel

Edited by Avedis

Seems like this type of gun would be best positioned for Limited class. I'm not sure optics would be a priority for most users.

My hope is that it would work for CO eventually. But maybe it won't fit in the box or something and not make it? I'm not going to pretend to know all of the rules. It's just that I find accurate guns interesting and I bet Apex will do it right, right out of the box. If they're going to CNC the slide it's nothing to insert a few more commands to make the cut for an optic. Or anyway, it seems to me that it's no big deal but I'm not a machinist and the only thing I know about CNC is to stay away from it. But I think that's why S&W can offer it so inexpensively on their CORE guns.

Seems like this type of gun would be best positioned for Limited class. I'm not sure optics would be a priority for most users.

My hope is that it would work for CO eventually. But maybe it won't fit in the box or something and not make it? I'm not going to pretend to know all of the rules. It's just that I find accurate guns interesting and I bet Apex will do it right, right out of the box. If they're going to CNC the slide it's nothing to insert a few more commands to make the cut for an optic. Or anyway, it seems to me that it's no big deal but I'm not a machinist and the only thing I know about CNC is to stay away from it. But I think that's why S&W can offer it so inexpensively on their CORE guns.

As of right now, slides can only be replaced with ones of the same length, regardless of fitting in the box (but it wouldn't fit anyway). So unless S&W decides to start offering 6" slides / barrels, it will be a no-go in CO -- same as Production.

Somewhat interesting for Limited in .40S&W, especially if packaged with a semi-fit match barrel. However, the market is probably bigger for a 5" 9mm with semi-fit match barrel package, especially if internally lightened while maintaining the factory profile externally (Production-legal).

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Hi All,

Since the cat was let out of the bag, We don't have an eta or price yet for the top end as we are preparing for our transition out of the state of CA.

What I can tell you is that when they are available, there will be different sight options (optics cut is one) as well as availability in 9 initially, with .40 to follow shortly thereafter.

The new slides will encorporate several elements that I feel will improve function and enhance accuracy. We plan on seeing how well our design will work at Bianchi Cup 2017 Metallic division as well as other major events.

More detailed information will be presented at the NRA Show.

Hi All,

Since the cat was let out of the bag, We don't have an eta or price yet for the top end as we are preparing for our transition out of the state of CA.

What I can tell you is that when they are available, there will be different sight options (optics cut is one) as well as availability in 9 initially, with .40 to follow shortly thereafter.

The new slides will encorporate several elements that I feel will improve function and enhance accuracy. We plan on seeing how well our design will work at Bianchi Cup 2017 Metallic division as well as other major events.

More detailed information will be presented at the NRA Show.

Awesome. See you Friday

I would buy a few 5 inch slides if available but S&W is always out of stock. Not so sure about a 6 inch.

is s&w willing to sell their 5" slides? i used to keep trying to contact them for the 5" slides but they said they wouldnt sell me just the slide...finally found a complete Long slide assemblt for 375....(i live in CA so thats actually a good price)

As of right now, slides can only be replaced with ones of the same length, regardless of fitting in the box (but it wouldn't fit anyway). So unless S&W decides to start offering 6" slides / barrels, it will be a no-go in CO -- same as Production.

isnt production for guns with factory parts externally only?

isnt production for guns with factory parts externally only?

There specifically is a rule for Production (and therefore CO as well) that pertains to aftermarket slides and barrels that states same profile, length, and caliber as factory, even if it's aftermarket, is legal.