Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the new Shadow 2 adj. rear sight available for purchase yet?

bafsu92

I'm looking to replace my Shadow fixed rear with an adj. and have read the +/- of what's out there (LPA, zend, Kensight, Hajo etc) and think the new Shadow 2 looks like it may be the best option to try. The only problem is I can't find one. Anyone know who actually makes it? My backup idea is the HTAC fixed and open the notch a bit. Any ideas

If your Plan "A" doesn't work out, I highly recommend the HTAC read with the notch widened to .140".

That change will require the installation of a new, lower front sight to match the height of the HTAC rear.

The fiber optic front sight hat matches correctly is the 5.5mm high X .125" wide sight and I personally prefer the one with the 1.5mm diameter foiber optic rodwith the new 5.5mm high front F/O sight to match the new rear. The new F/O front is .125" wide and has a 1.5mm diameter fiber optic rod.

Stuart at CZ Custom set me up with that combination and I really like it.

post-21616-0-23261400-1463284877_thumb.j

Edited by 45 Raven

I get mine from Bosko (address above) and have them on all my Shadows now, best rear sight going

About how much do they run? I'm guessing shipping to US would be about the same as Canada. Also about how long does it take to get to you? Thanks

If your Plan "A" doesn't work out, I highly recommend the HTAC read with the notch widened to .140".

That change will require the installation of a new, lower front sight to match the height of the HTAC rear.

The fiber optic front sight hat matches correctly is the 5.5mm high X .125" wide sight and I personally prefer the one with the 1.5mm diameter foiber optic rodwith the new 5.5mm high front F/O sight to match the new rear. The new F/O front is .125" wide and has a 1.5mm diameter fiber optic rod.

Stuart at CZ Custom set me up with that combination and I really like it.

I've already widened and lowered my stock shadow sight so my only real gain would've getting rid of the clunky garbage truck profile of the stock sight. I never understood how they can take a gun with such good clean lines and decide a sight that looks like it came off a highpoint was a good plan. I really want to go adjustable since I'm playing with new loads from 124-165gr and don't want to have to change fronts repeatedly until l decide what load I'm sticking with

I don't remember what he charged me, I bought a bunch and snagged them from him when I was in Germany. Will be grabbing more when I see him in a few weeks. you do need a 7mm tall front sight as well, which he sells.

I ordered 2 for myself along with a few extras. I figure I'll put them up in the classifieds and divide the cost of the international shipping and currency conversion fees between all of them to make it more cost effective. If you're looking for one PM me and I'll hold it back for you before posting them for sale. I haven't figured out the exact cost but it will work out to be less than a LPA or HAJO around the same or just slightly more than the Zendl