Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wrong way Ghost walk through

I've been thinking about this concept a little more, as well as incorporating a thread about people intentionally trying to throw people off, trash talk, and try to throw people off during CoF. The more I think about it, I treat USPSA with the same kinds of etiquette that I use when playing golf. At a local match squadding with friends, I'll trash talk and have some fun. At a major or a level 2, I try to keep everything respectful and don't try to interfere with anyone's shooting / game plans, and only initiate polite conversation if the other competitor is amicable to it. This concept, to me, would be like telling a competitor I'm hitting a 7 iron instead of a 4 iron because of an imaginary downhill in the fairway that doesn't really exist, and then hitting a 4 iron.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/1/2017 at 2:43 PM, GorillaTactical said:

I won the MS State PCC Championship this year purely because the other top shooter I was neck and neck with got DQed 3/4 of the way through the match...I was happy I won, but it felt hollow because I knew I hadn't shot a very good match by my own standards and likely wouldn't have won if that other competitor hadn't been DQed.  

Thats not terribly fair to you.  If the two top shooters are neck and neck, I have to assume its because you both made the right decisions, shot the good game, moved well, kept your head, etc right up until one of you didn't.  Its not that a DQ came out of nowhere, the shooter earns those. a mistake was made in a close match that blew it wide open, and you didnt make it, the other guy did.  

• 8 months later...

I was always amazed that people could actually find the time to try to mess with someone else's game plan instead of perfecting their own. By the time you do a walkthrough and help reset and paste, it is hard to perfect your own plan. I prefer to reserve the energy for my own use, I'm old and don't have enough to spare.

Action shooting like Golf is an offense only game.  Let those that wanna waste that time have at it.  I watch some do it that as well. Smh.

USPSA is full of Alphas and is very competitive. I have watch some call procedures on others then try to do the same thing, get the same call and argue it.  I laugh and walk off but I know not to squad with them too. It’s not the calls but it’s the over the top arguing I don’t want to anywhere near.  

Edited by a matt

• 11 months later...

I sort of did it once, not intentionally though. It was the last stage our squad shot and I had already made my plan for that stage when I first got there that day. It was my 3rd match so when I saw others doing the walkthrough I didn't know if mine was going to be better or not. I assumed not. I was shooting 3rd or 4th on that stage so I just kept my mouth shut and shot my plan. Turned out I was 11 or 12 seconds faster than the others and it was a simple plan so everyone after me shot it that way. I tend to listen and watch more than I talk. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I never do it to throw anyone off their game. I walk it whichever way it flows best. I usually shoot it backwards probably because I'm left handed (I shoot right handed because I'm right eye dominant) and it seems natural. 

Edited by mesa3gunner
illiteracy