Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best current deal on primers!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Sarge said:

Yikes! There is no way I would want to assume the liability of selling known defective reloading components. And 20 bucks for defective primers is not a good deal.

Both Everglades and Magtech are assuming a huge liability risk here.  It certainly isn't worth it to me to try and save less than a penny apiece by buying these regardless of what I was using them for.  You also wouldn't catch me trying to pull the rounds I loaded that had the duds after they've been "fired" at least once.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2016 at 0:27 PM, B_RAD said:

I got some S&B primers for $20 last week.

They're normal price is $25.

I've only loaded up about 300 but think I like them.

To me, they seem to seat easier than federals.

They've all went off, even with my reduced striker spring in my G34.

I'll probably buy more.

Federals are never in stock and everything else is $30+.

Ive loaded about 2,000 S&B's and had one fail to fire. Went back and looked and the primer was set too high. Thats the only issue Ive come across

On 9/3/2016 at 6:07 AM, tcoz said:

Both Everglades and Magtech are assuming a huge liability risk here.  It certainly isn't worth it to me to try and save less than a penny apiece by buying these regardless of what I was using them for.  You also wouldn't catch me trying to pull the rounds I loaded that had the duds after they've been "fired" at least once.

I dunno... I don't see any issues here.  A dud is a dud is a dud.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Shmella said:

I can't find any powder on their site. I am pretty sure I saw a bunch of powder there a couple days ago. What am I doing wrong?

That's interesting, seems they have removed all powder from their web site.

Yeah, that is weird.  I have the Widener's   Flier for this week and they advertised Auto Comp for $107/8lb. and CFE pistol was on sale also.   Probably a webpage mistake.  Call them if you want the powder and they can probably help you.  

If I could add powder to the deal, this would be worth it for me.  But $30 hazmat + $20 shipping, I'd have to buy like $20-30K primers to make this worthwhile for me.  At 10K primers, I'm paying ~$26/1K when the shipping/haz is included.  20K primer order reduces  the per thousand cost an additional $2.

15 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

If I could add powder to the deal, this would be worth it for me.  But $30 hazmat + $20 shipping, I'd have to buy like $20-30K primers to make this worthwhile for me.  At 10K primers, I'm paying ~$26/1K when the shipping/haz is included.  20K primer order reduces  the per thousand cost an additional $2.

That's what I do. I get every penny's worth when I order.

1 hour ago, Bamboo said:

Sorry to hear wideners is getting out of the primer/powder biz.  They were always a solid source.  Maybe it is only temporary.

From the Email I got today it sounds Permanent. Long story short cost wise its becoming too expensive for warehousing and constant regulation changes to make it worth it for them I guess.