Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best current deal on primers!

This topic is something I think we might all find useful, and I don't think anything like it exists around here.

The basic idea? Anytime one of us finds a good deal on primers (small or large, rifle or pistol) we post a link in this thread. Theoretically, instead of each of us coming over the websites of powder valley, Grafs, and others every single time we wish to order components... a quick check in this thread would point you to the best retailer to visit.

I'm ordering 10k of Win or CCI small pistol later today, and I'll post a link to the best price I find in order to get the ball rolling.

;)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im still kicking myself for not buying 10k when Cabelas had their sale a couple months ago. Just had to pay full retail last week because my supply was getting too low. At least you can find them pretty easily now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Wideners has CCI on sale for $129 per 5,000. That's $25.80 per thousand!

https://www.wideners.com/reloading-supplies/primers/small-pistol-primers

I had them in my cart. Getting ready to pull the trigger. But wait. Almost $350 total for 10K? Oh. Right. Shipping and HazMat and Sales Tax. (And our tax is almost 10%!)

I ended up buying them from Graf's for $311 out the door to get 10k primers. Slightly higher price... But missing that ten percent markup because they don't have a store or warehouse in my state.

So check the final totals with shipping and everything figured in. Don't just buy components from the lowest advertised price per thousand.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I placed a powdervalley order a few days ago, and added some Fiocchi small pistol for $24 per 1500. That's .016 each.

Shows out of stock now, but definitely worth keeping an eye out for them. I've used them in the past with no issues at all.

I placed a powdervalley order a few days ago, and added some Fiocchi small pistol for $24 per 1500. That's .016 each.

Shows out of stock now, but definitely worth keeping an eye out for them. I've used them in the past with no issues at all.

Damn thanks for the tip... definitely gonna watch for those.

How hard are the Fiocchi primers? Wouldn't mind using them in 9Major now that the Ginex supply is dry

I really like Tula primers, but, as I understand, they were banned from importation some time back and now it seems that everyone is running out of them. Still have a few thousand but guess I'll go back to CCIs when I run out.

How hard are the Fiocchi primers? Wouldn't mind using them in 9Major now that the Ginex supply is dry

I've heard/read they're on the soft side, but I only ever used them in stock sprung guns at minor PF.

Edited by rev1911

I've heard/read they're on the soft side, but I only ever used them in stock sprung guns at minor PF.

That's what I have been reading as well. Might have to sub in their small rifle primers for open

Well, the Fiocchi small pistol are back in stock at powder valley. But the price has gone from $24 to $36 :mellow:

Well, the Fiocchi small pistol are back in stock at powder valley. But the price has gone from $24 to $36 :mellow:

I thought that deal was too good to last...

... So I put in a backorder for 30k before the price went up.

Cabelas has standard CCI primers on sale for $27.99 right now. In addition they have free shipping over $99 and their hazmat fee is always only $20 instead of the $28.50 or $30 that most everyone else charges.

I got some S&B primers for $20 last week.

They're normal price is $25.

I've only loaded up about 300 but think I like them.

To me, they seem to seat easier than federals.

They've all went off, even with my reduced striker spring in my G34.

I'll probably buy more.

Federals are never in stock and everything else is $30+.

I'll probably buy more.

Where did u get them?

Yeah, without links posted the thread will be a little less than useful.

Even that won't be much help because this was the link I used to buy the S&B primers at $17.99/1000 with free shipping on orders over $100.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2002898&type=product&MDK=dynbanP_SL&MDC=cat333152280

Might notice the link doesn't change when the price does.

Edited by jmorris

I'll probably buy more.

Where did u get them?

sorry!

Cableas.

In store.

Edited by B_RAD

Yeah, we need a computer guy to create an app not unlike a stock market ticker but for primer prices. When you do add the ability to buy and sell at certain prices.

Better patent it or I will steal it and use it for bullets, brass, magazines, firearms,....

Edited by jmorris

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Lukedrywalker said:

Yikes! There is no way I would want to assume the liability of selling known defective reloading components. And 20 bucks for defective primers is not a good deal.