Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for my first 2011

Dane1488

I did look at Para but right now they're not producing any firearms for parts because they just moved that's the only thing I'm worried about is the parts availability for that gun other than that I would like to try one out

Depends on who you talk too. I have both the P18.9 and the P16.40 as well as a stainless Expert. All my Para's have run great. They are very accurate as well.

If you are looking for a gun to compete with the Para is imho a good starting point. You can run it the way it is or modify it. There is a small issue with mags. You can't get the stock Para mags so you'll have to either run STI, SVI, SPS or MBX mags. Some guns run the STI mags fine, some don't. Those are the least expensive option. There are a couple threads on what mags and combinations work well. If you can't find them, PM me.

As for prices, I think you should be able to get a 16.40 for $899 or less on GunBroker. I bought mine there for $849. I bought my 9mm gun from CDNN for $899.

I use an older Para P16-40 Limited in :goof: Limited Division. I paid $600 for it, used, came with three magazines. New mags are available as RIA's double-stack 1911 uses the same magazines. Remington still fixes the older Canadian made Paras, in case anyone is wondering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You asked about a 2011 and Para Ordnance doesn't make any of those. Para makes single stack and high-capacity 1911's.

You really need to tell us what you plan to use it for before we can even begin to recommend the proper guns for you to consider.

I don't want to be the negative Nancy but...$1200 does not seem like it will go along way with a lim gun....not to mention the gear, mags etc. I got into a 2011 and shooting limited cuz I won one in a raffle and it has become the most expensive free thing ever. But it's so much more fun than shooting production!