Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC 66 Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club May Match May 22nd

The past few years, May has been our month to hold a special classifier match. This year will be no different. Sunday, May 22nd the WCRH club will be hosting a special classifier match featuring 6 classifiers and 3 field courses. Sign up time is the same this month (starts at 8:30 and closes by 9:30am-no exceptions unless you have called and talked to myself, Rob Gaffney or Geoff Seimbor before the match). Please be prompt as it helps with parking (remember to park on the field to the right before you make the turn/curve to the right in front of our clubhouse as it can take 20-30 cars) and with our squadding. We have not picked the classifiers yet as that takes place next Monday night. However, if anyone out there has a suggestion for one (some), do not hesitate to let us know except for Can You Count. We are not doing that one at this match as many of us have shot that or a version of that at too many matches in the Midwest over the past couple of years.

This should be a fun match to put on your calendar. Many of our Southern competitors (those folks that are not from Michigan and call that state below us home.....) will be shooting/working their state sectional that weekend. So while we will miss them (with every shot fired) , this should be a nice sized match versus the 95 shooters we had last month.

That leads me to the next topic. Starting in June (so next month....), we are planning on starting with an electronic registration via practiscore so that we can limit the match size to 100 competitors. That really is the most we can take at this point. Anything bigger and it just can become too much for our staff. The registration should open Tuesday June the 20th and close when we either hit 100 competitors or on Saturday the 25th when we do set up. We ask that you follow through with your registry by attending the match. Those that register but don't attend will still owe the match fee. Failure to pay the fee will negate your ability to shoot at our club till that match fee is paid. That way it is fair as you took a slot, so you owe for it. If things go well with this, we should be able to keep it simple by you paying on match day with cash same as always. If there are issues, then we may go full out on practiscore by having competitors pay online as well. We will see. Please show some patience with our staff as we roll out these new changes as they are only intended to make things better for our competitors. I am sure that we will find out that there is some sort of glitch in our plans but we will do our best to fix it right away.

We look forward to seeing you out at the range!!!

Owwwwwwwwwww..............hey, I didn't know you were still alive and then you give me this kinda grief??? Isn't that somehow an automatic DQ for you? Hey your team has been kicking the crap out of everybody and not just Michigan the past few years but I think the tide is changing with the new coach and his recruits. At least I hope so..........

Another reason we just luv our neighbors to the South of us.....(no, not the Canadians, especially the Pinoy group........we actually really do like them).

The past few years, May has been our month to hold a special classifier match. This year will be no different. Sunday, May 22nd the WCRH club will be hosting a special classifier match featuring 6 classifiers and.......

This should be a fun match to put on your calendar. Many of our Southern competitors (those folks that are not from Michigan and call that state below us home.....) will be shooting/working their state sectional that weekend. So while we will miss them (with every shot fired) , this should be a nice sized match versus the 95 shooters we had last month.

2016 Ohio Buckeye Blast

Start Date: 5/26/16

End Date: 5/29/16

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-match-details.php?indx=1072

We might be able to use our time machines and still make your match! ;)

Edited by Chris Keen

Chris,

Yep, the 4th Sunday falls on the weekend of the 3rd Saturday so we are 1 week ahead of that match from the state South of us.............Isn't that Virginia/Maryland Sectional weekend? With the 5 Sundays in the month, I know we are hitting someone's major match date. Either way, we will miss some of competitors as they visit other states. Best wishes to them as they pursue loot and glory!!!

Owwwwwwwwwww..............hey, I didn't know you were still alive and then you give me this kinda grief???

See that little guy in my avatar? BOOM...into the wall. :)

Good to see the momentum/rebuilding from blue. Should raise the all the competition a bit.

Well now. :)

I was going to just check Roy a bit one with dig (since he opened the floor), but since I have 3 of you on the same hook now, trying to jump in the boat...

Show me on the doll where the bad man hurt you.

19106090-mmmain.jpg

Chris,

Yep, the 4th Sunday falls on the weekend of the 3rd Saturday so we are 1 week ahead of that match from the state South of us.............Isn't that Virginia/Maryland Sectional weekend? With the 5 Sundays in the month, I know we are hitting someone's major match date. Either way, we will miss some of competitors as they visit other states. Best wishes to them as they pursue loot and glory!!!

Mississippi Classic I believe....

Wow...........I am sensing a serious issue here with Mr. Flex............that's ok. We still invite our friends from South of the Michigun border to attend our events without any repercussions, but how come folks with Michigan license plates can't catch a break from your cops on the freeways? Don't you guys know that 70mph is more like a suggestion in most other states? Just saying................

My co-worker recently got nailed for speeding around Findlay. (oddly enough, driving to a wedding "up north") They get us all.

Is that breakfast joint still open down the street from Raccoon? Seems like there was always a good local place to eat at all the MI matches I've attended. Hmmm...I better go see about lunch.

Sounds like you park far enough away so your windshield doesn't get broken like the first match they ever had. Chad probably still hears about that one.

Glad to see you back on the forum.

Yes, the Romulus House is still open for breakfast (many of our staff go there before the match to partake)............Right on the corner of Wayne Road and Wick Road. Nice guy who owns the place. Knows our group and always tries to take care of our shooters. So does this mean we may see you at our upcoming match? I might have to prepare our staff for your presence.......plus we got rid of the dog pond so I don't know what else we can offer you as a way to cool off after the match? The swamp is still close enough if you need it though........just an offer.

Sounds like you park far enough away so your windshield doesn't get broken like the first match they ever had. Chad probably still hears about that one.

Too much dwell time.

You can't imagine how many laughs that line has gotten over the years, even if you have to explain it.

Leave your shooting skills out of the conversation? Where would be the fun in that? If I remember correctly, you showed up one time with a glock 26 and did pretty well.......wasn't that for the plastic fantastic match? And you won sub compact division with it? You might have been the only competitor in the division but you still did well in the aggregate, didn't you? See.......we don't just give you grief (although that is a free benefit when you attend ).

Planning meeting was last night and all the stages were planned out. The hard part was finding classifiers that fit our bays. Can't wait for the new bays to get finished so that we can do some of the larger and longer range shooting classifiers. So......we have 6 classifiers plus 3 field courses picked out for the match. Round count is 129 rounds if you don't miss. The field courses are 24,25 & 26 rounds each, so they should move pretty quick to try and keep up with the classifiers. This is one of the odd months where the 3rd Saturday is right next to the 4th Sunday so there will be IDPA on Saturday. Set up doesn't start till 3:30pm. We will start on the bays that IDPA is not using so we can get this done as quickly as possible. Be sure to thank the set up crew for working late and setting up this great match for you. It couldn't go on without them!

Registration is the same this month. Starts at 8:30 and closes at 9:30am. Cost is $20 to members and $25 to non members. Please be on time and take care of registration first before you gear up. That way we can get the match started on time. Remember that there is overflow parking on the right hand side of the road before you make the right turn into our main parking area. With the berm project going on, there are less spaces so please be aware of that and park accordingly.

Keep in mind that next month we will be going to a preregistration via practiscore, so please make sure that Geoff Siembor (Mr. Robot here on Enos...) has your email address to let you know that registration is open. Typically it should be the Tuesday the week of the match. The match will be limited to the first 100 competitors that want to compete as that is really just about the max size we can handle with the number of bays/stages we put on. We will continue to have you pay at the match when you show up to squad at this point. If we go to electronic payment, we will give our competitors a heads up before hand as we try to keep on improving the match experience for our members and our friends/competitors. We look forward to seeing you out on the range................