Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DVC or Used LimCat for a Limited gun

shws

Alright, so I have been pondering this for a while. I have a buddy who got a DVC Limited dry fired it and didn't like it and wants to sell. Then I saw this posting http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=231799 . Looks like a great gun, a little older and used. In the end they would cost right around the same amount. Do you guys have any input which would be a better gun? I am fairly new to limited game, been shooting production mostly. Any input would help.

Thanks,

I did research on the DVC and it seems like it has a lot of issues. I personally would go Limcat if you get to handle it and check it out to make sure its legit and has no major issues. But do what you feel most comfortable with its your cash

"ogiebb" has been a member on this site for a long time. He has sold many items through the classifieds. I'm sure if you contacted him he would be straight up with you about the Limcat. As far as attention to build quality a Limcat would typically be greater than a factory STI build.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

I purchased an older pistol last year from August (Ogiebb) and the gun was

as listed, in fact it was better, it looked new inside and out. If I did

not have two LTD pistols I would have bought have already bought the Limcat.

You can buy with confidence from August.

I shoot with several guys that have the DVC's and almost all of them have

had problems of one type or another. Some have had to have a local gunsmith

do some tuning to make it right.

I would definitely buy the Limcat...............

Ron

My DVC Limited has been really nice. About 3.3k rounds and the only two malfunctions have been reload related. I case gauge all rounds now.

I work for a STI dealer. We haven't seen issues with the Limited guns. The Open versions have had issues.

• 2 weeks later...

The TiN was already polished off the feed ramp at the factory.

I asked because the one I handled at area 6 had the coating flaking off the feed ramp. I guess that was their solution for the newer production guns.

That's interesting my older infinity has a tin coated schuemann barrel and the tin is all over including the feed ramp. No noticeable wear after plenty of rounds. If it's coated via the pvd process it should be hard as can be.

• 1 month later...