Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drop in trigger for PSA AR9?

aandabooks

31 minutes ago, lynn jones said:

I put a Hyperfire trigger in my PCC and I had burst a couple of time this weekend.  I have a New Frontier lower with a JP bolt and JP captured recoil spring.

1483WHATWEB.jpg

Do you have it set up for the lightest trigger pull?  I have seen people have problems with the gun bump firing if they hold it loosely.  

Edited by bmiller

• 2 months later...

I ran across this thread over the last few weeks about the velocity not working in AR9's with ramped bolts.  I completed my AR9 build today (spikes tactical lower w/LRBHO, psa upper, faxon 8.5", psa g-9 hybrid bolt, .308 spring, normal pistol buffer, velocity 3lb curved) and through the first 300+ rounds she purs like a kitten.  No issues resetting what so ever.  

Velocity specifically states "*Do not use with 9mm conversion or open bolt face" on their website.  I've used a Velocity trigger in a 9mm SBR with ramped bolt and it will double fire after firing about 300 rounds.  Using their 4 lb spring will help with the problem. 

17 hours ago, Tampaxd45 said:

Velocity specifically states "*Do not use with 9mm conversion or open bolt face" on their website.  I've used a Velocity trigger in a 9mm SBR with ramped bolt and it will double fire after firing about 300 rounds.  Using their 4 lb spring will help with the problem. 

I found out about it after I ordered it. I had reset issues. I put it in an extra 223. Using POF in my gun now. No more issues.

• 2 years later...
On 3/7/2017 at 3:41 PM, lynn jones said:

I started with a CMC and it would not reset, so I went with the Hyperfire.

I started with an Elftmann and it would not reset.  My CMC is perfect and half the price.  Was your CMC specifically advertised as an AR9 trigger.  AR15 triggers normally will not run in a blowback gun.

Edited by judgecrater
addition