Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How will USPSA adapt to changing gender issues?

wtturn

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever it says on your state-issued ID.

In that context, sex & gender are one in the same.

No that's not the case. You can pick your own gender or change it day by day if you feel like it. That's why this whole issue is so tricky any time you reference gender instead of sex.

Whatever it says on your state-issued ID.

In that context, sex & gender are one in the same.

No that's not the case. You can pick your own gender or change it day by day if you feel like it. That's why this whole issue is so tricky any time you reference gender instead of sex.

I agree that's the current progressive POV on the topic, but I'm not sure that 30 years ago anyone would disagree that they're the same thing.

Personally, I shoot an open gun but identify as a production shooter - please score me there!

They want everything gender neutral so why not delete the lady category all together? Women shoot just as well as men so strap on your pee shooter and duke it out like lady men.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I think this is the most fair option but it would probably destroy female participation outside of local for fun matches (but to me all matches should be for fun...)

Seriously-how is this even a topic for discussion? There is already a rule that addresses the issue.

because this f'ed up country is passing laws that say your ID doesn't matter. You can self identify as any gender you want at any time you want. So if you self identify as female or non specific eventually , you will be able to sign up however you choose. If things keep going as is, your ID cards will no longer have gender on them according to law.

Seriously-how is this even a topic for discussion? There is already a rule that addresses the issue.

because this f'ed up country is passing laws that say your ID doesn't matter. You can self identify as any gender you want at any time you want. So if you self identify as female or non specific eventually , you will be able to sign up however you choose. If things keep going as is, your ID cards will no longer have gender on them according to law.

This is the truth.

It's a very well conceived troll, and you guys are all falling for it. The brilliance of this particular trolling thread is that it's not far fetched in today's world so it quickly became a real discussion.

I am extremely unsure of how any USPSA rules are amended. However, if this is an issue that the leadership of this organization intends to address, in order to maintain a fair segregation between genetically male and female competitors, the rules wil have to become more well defined. The rules don't have to become more complicated, just more clear and specific.

How will USPSA adapt to changing gender issues?

I'm not sure I see where USPSA would need to adapt? First, USPSA has an "all-inclusive" designation. High-overall includes everyone, right?

USPSA does have categories. Those categories have definitions. To be eligible for a category, one must meet those definitions. If those definitions, like all the rules we use, need addressed, then members should contact their Area Directors with their proposals. For example:

I know that the age for Senior got adjusted a few years back. (I don't know the driver there...I'm guessing it was because TGO/Avery hit 50 and blew out the curve.)

Military was/is active duty. I know that I lobbied for Nation Guard/Reserve to be included. (having been NG and a Vet.)

For Gender, USPSA defined the Lady category....'as listed on govt ID". IMO, that literally takes USPSA...and any potential personal bias...out of the equation.

Finally, all category participation is voluntary. Nobody is forced to check a box for either Male or Female. Nobody is forced to check Senior. ...Mil...etc. Again, everybody is included in overall.

This discussion has reminded me that I still need to update my state ID to include the option of my Veteran status. I missed out on a free lunch last Veteran's Day because I didn't have the needed documentation with me.

I self identify as a penguin. I find it personally insulting that there's no category for High Penguin.

I had always thought of you as a turkey :rolleyes:

...every match should hand out "high Turkey"

miranda

Since this is still trollin' along------

We should probably get rid of "Lady". Change it to "Female".

Lady (as does Gentlemen) implies a certain level of decorum. I'll not

name names (wouldn't be gentlemanly), but I've shot with or witnessed a few who were

obviously female---but could cuss and throw an impressive fit when a no-shoot would jump

in front of a bullet or the spin of the earth would rotate a long range target out of the bullets path.

Hardly Ladylike! :closedeyes:

Since it's impossible to be PC, dump all classifications and categories.

This goes back to the "if you beat 5 people you are a national champion" type award. ridiculous to try and separate everyone out, just shoot and have fun.