Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KKM vs APEX

2ndSupporter

So I have a KKM drop in, in my MP 9 Pro.

Fits well, much improved over factory in terms of accuracy.

Running 147 plated projectiles.

Contemplating a Apex Semi Drop in.

Any idea if it will be noticeably better and run 147s better than the KKM?

I am pretty confident I can fit it myself, however the video states it was designed to work with the factory captured spring, and a lower than factory spring weight may cause feeding issues.

Anyone running a solid guide rod and 13lb spring with the Apex?

Thanks in advance.

I have no idea of the spring weight I'm running but it's a DPM (? correct brand?) spring system with the heavier of the 2 springs included. It runs fine with a fitted Apex SDI.

I'm shooting 160g bullets at 800 fps. The RO told me after the first match with that setup that my brass just rolls out of the gun, but it runs 100%. I'm getting <2" groups from a rest @ 25 yards. It's a rabbit fart load but it makes Minor.

I am pretty confident I can fit it myself, however the video states it was designed to work with the factory captured spring, and a lower than factory spring weight may cause feeding issues.

Anyone running a solid guide rod and 13lb spring with the Apex?

Thanks in advance.

I think ALL of us on here with Apex SDI's are running lighter recoil springs.

I'm running a 13lb ISMI spring on the factory rod. Works wonderfully.

I was able to briefly function check my new SDI today. Using a 15lb ISMI spring (uncaptured) on a stainless aftermarket guide rod. No problems.

Earlier tests with the 13lb spring and factory barrel were not reliable. Would not always return to battery. Sounds like some people can use the 13lb; others less luck.

I'll try the 13lb spring and more SDI barrel testing this weekend.

I'm running a used 13#. No issues. If you fit the barrel VERY tight, that is when you might run into issues. Mine has broken in and closes easy, still stupid accurate....when I do my part.