Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Spitfire 1x for MKA 1919

norbs007

I have run a C-More for better than 2 years, thousands of rounds, with no issues, problems, or failure to hold zero. Not sure on the Vortex although all of their products are excellent with great CS.

gerritm

I have run a C-More for better than 2 years, thousands of rounds, with no issues, problems, or failure to hold zero. Not sure on the Vortex although all of their products are excellent with great CS.

gerritm

C-More slideride? Not an STS/RTS I assume, but wanted to make sure.

gerritm

C-More slideride? Not an STS/RTS I assume, but wanted to make sure.

Slide ride click. 8MOA, but I think if I replace it ever I would go with a 6.

Edited by gerritm

Thanks. I run an Al slide ride click 8MOA on my pistol now. Getting ready to evaluate a DP Pro with the triangle.

Not sure on the triangle, but I wouldn't want the reticle/dot to cover too much especially with smaller harder to see targets or flying clays. That is why I would go to a 6moa to have more of a field of vision if I changed. Have one one my pistol and really like it.

gerritm

I tried the spitfire on my 1919 and wasn't a fan of it on a shotgun. I prefer something where eye relief isn't as critical. With the extra recoil and mixing in aerial clays it was a challenge to maintain a good picture with the prism style.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the spitfire on my 1919 and wasn't a fan of it on a shotgun. I prefer something where eye relief isn't as critical. With the extra recoil and mixing in aerial clays it was a challenge to maintain a good picture with the prism style.

What I'm afraid of, I started with an EOTech 552 and it worked fine after a match. Heard that the recoil might eventually kill it so I switched it out with an Aimpoint T1 but I seem to lose track of the dot during recoil and prefer something with a bigger reticle. Happened to have a Spitfire on hand and I actually like the Green circle-dot. I got the eye relief on the right spot and ocular adjusted that it's not like looking through a tube. Haven't tried it at a match yet though, hopefully it works out. Added picture to show where the scope is at.

post-3273-0-00345500-1463505157_thumb.jp

I tried the Spitfire and couldn't get use to a prism type optic. Went with the Holosun 503C. I love it.

Thanks for the feedback, I will try to run it next month and if it doesn't work for me I'm slapping back the T1 on it... SPUHR mount did not sell so might be a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...

gerritm

I just picked up a 1919. Like the idea of a Cmore; is yours just a slidride, a railway or tactical? Plastic housing or aluminium housing?

thanks

bob