Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers

rolen1517

7 minutes ago, acutler said:

Believe it or not when Obama was elected I bought 40,000 Wolf Small Rifle primers and they've really worked well. I've used 35,000 now and only recall a couple of hiccups. More than likely my fault (high primer). 

That was back in the day when wolf primers were very good. My initial primer order in '08 was 20k wolf and they were just fine. They changed shortly after that and had lots of problems. Now they don't even exist for us. Times change

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I feel and say, one hiccup is one to many. I tried Wolf primers not to long ago and was very dissapointed with em. 2 outta 100 didn't ignite and tried several times whit the bad primered round.  I practice and shoot between 10 to 13 level 2 or higher matches a year and only 7 or less local matches so I cant afford even one hiccup at a major. Federal CCI then Wenchester in that order but I will train with Tula but only in a pinch... Good luck all.  Pistols limited Cameron's 6" .040 Sit 2011 Open and LSI Open 2011 all w 2lb triggers. 

Edited by a matt

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Gman57 said:

........ what I got out of all this is use what works for you :P

Well, yes, that's ultimately the bottom line.  Of the major brands (Fed-Rem-CCI-Win) it doesn't appear that any has a significantly worse error rate than the others.  I've been satisfied with Rem, CCI, and Win (haven't run Fed) in 10s of thousands of rounds of pistol shooting.  Go have fun! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...