Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Mike H said:

Awesome looking!!  Can you detail the information what cuts/finish that is on the slide and receiver?  That's the exact set-up I'm debating on.  When time permits, can you weigh the pistol, and then get a weight on the slide?

Congrats again, the build follow along process was fun and informative to watch.

Excelarator cuts on slide and frame. Doutone finish. Bravo cuts on top of slide with 20 lpi on top of slide and sight tracker. I think it’s around 52oz. Don’t have a scale to be sure. Another member told me the weight. 

18 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Excelarator cuts on slide and frame. Doutone finish. Bravo cuts on top of slide with 20 lpi on top of slide and sight tracker. I think it’s around 52oz. Don’t have a scale to be sure. Another member told me the weight. 

If you accidentally fall in a pool or lake with it on, quickly dump your belt!!:)

The funny part is that Bobby has already filled out a Gunbuilder for a new SV single stack......can't wait to hear the griping start about the "new" waiting period when he submits that build to the factory. Ahh....the addiction club has a new member.  

I am assuming that they don't go ahead and serialize the gun without contacting the buyer first?  Just curious if they ask you if you want the custom serial number, and how close to the end of the build do they do it?

I am assuming that they don't go ahead and serialize the gun without contacting the buyer first?  Just curious if they ask you if you want the custom serial number, and how close to the end of the build do they do it?

You submit your serial number as part of the gunbuilder submission. So, right up front.

On 1/11/2018 at 1:22 AM, candiru said:

You submit your serial number as part of the gunbuilder submission. So, right up front.

Yep. Make your own serial number in gun builder. I guess if you don’t want a custom number they have generic numbers ready. 

Next week will be her first match. Haven’t truly sighted in yet been just running some rds for a little break in and to get familiar with. Just wanted to see how close to be sighted in and shoot 20 rds at 80ft and had a 20 rd group about the size of a golf ball just lining up the front sight on the center of alpha zone. Again WOW ? 

9 hours ago, tanks said:

I am jealous. Not of the gun as I like my Infinity (though yours is very nice as well), but they did not send a soft case with mine ;) 

? I wish it was free had to buy it. Nothings free at where the pistols of dreams are built. 

• 1 month later...

Weather sucks down south. Still haven’t shot a match with new blaster since I got it. Been raining damn near every weekend. Did finally get out last weekend and chrono test loads. Pistol has been sighted in and at 15 yds 1-1 1/2 groups. Also tested accuracy at 20,25,35,40 yds with similar groupings. At 40 yds 25 rds grouping was about 2-3 in with majority around the 2 in Mark. This pistol is just unbelievable and the craftsmanship is unmatched. Will be running blue bullets and Montana golds. Pistol ran flawlessly with both and accuracy was close with mg performing a little better in the 30-40 yd shots. Loaded oal 1.2 with n320 and pf with blues was 168 at 4.7gr and 173 at 4.8gr. Montana golds 1.2 oal with n320 5.2 gr pf was 168 and 5.4 gr was 171. All we’re very flat shooting loads. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 7:01 PM, Wisemenofgotham said:

Congrats, it came out beautiful!  My choice was also SV, especially since they are less than 2 hours outside Dallas.

Awesome. Did you get it yet. If not I can tell you the wait is well worth it. It’s hard but damn when you open the case holy$&@!  ?