Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always pump Jonny's stuff. I've handled more than a few and they're all really nice. Butter smooth, bank vault lock up, run ridiculously good for how tight the tolerances are. And he's a small time outfit, so you're supporting the little guy instead of giving your money to a faceless corporation. He does this thing with his limited guns too, I don't know what it is, but they shoot incredibly flat. Just my two pennies.

Well, you certainly wouldn't be buying from a faceless corporation if you buy an Infinity. It's a small factory that truly builds the best competition pistols in the industry. Yes, they are expensive, but I've never heard anyone on here or anywhere for that matter that didn't think it was worth the money or the wait, once the received their pistol. Low mileage Infinity pistols come up for sale on here once in a while, I'd probably go that route if you're in a hurry. If not, send me a PM and I'm happy to help you with a gun builder.

Hello: I would explore all your options to see what you like and what is the best value for your dollar. Expensive for some is not so for others just like cars. I would also talk to the builders to see how you feel about the way they treat their customers. Lastly I would check around your club to see what the local guys like and use. Thanks, Eric

Well, you certainly wouldn't be buying from a faceless corporation if you buy an Infinity. It's a small factory that truly builds the best competition pistols in the industry. Yes, they are expensive, but I've never heard anyone on here or anywhere for that matter that didn't think it was worth the money or the wait, once the received their pistol. Low mileage Infinity pistols come up for sale on here once in a while, I'd probably go that route if you're in a hurry. If not, send me a PM and I'm happy to help you with a gun builder.

Didn't know that, I thought SV was an extension of STI. My mistake. Still like Limcat though. :)

I don't own either but have close friends who own both.

Both are built well but SV got better materials. Where do they differ? Customer service! I guy I shoot with said he called Limcat twice and left a message to order 2 open guns and never got a call back. Okay, maybe someone or my buddy made a mistake. A buddy who I'm close with that owns one for about 3 yrs now have gotten screwed with repair times on a couple of occassion by Limcat and had to follow up several times. SV on the other hand, has awesome customer service from what I've seen.

Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps.

Hmmmmmmm.......let me think about this one for a minute...................yeah, I was just dreaming about my next pistol on order.....................

SV Infinity all the way..........I couldn't ask for a better friend to take care of me than Brandon Strayer and his whole staff at Infinity.

Roy Neal

Team SV Infinity.........

I just fought this debate. Many great shooters around here run Limcat guns very well. When I got down to it and shot both I felt the SVI fit my style better.

When I compared prices it was non existent with what I chose.

My biggest factor was talking to both. Both are great guys. But years back my house was robbed. I called SVI in a panic for mags. This guy Brandon answered the phone, he made sure I had mags for the match. I later found out he owned the company. He took care of me without me ever buying a gun off of him. This was what finalized my decision.

I just fought this debate. Many great shooters around here run Limcat guns very well. When I got down to it and shot both I felt the SVI fit my style better.

When I compared prices it was non existent with what I chose.

My biggest factor was talking to both. Both are great guys. But years back my house was robbed. I called SVI in a panic for mags. This guy Brandon answered the phone, he made sure I had mags for the match. I later found out he owned the company. He took care of me without me ever buying a gun off of him. This was what finalized my decision.

There are many great Customer Service Stories for the Strayers, but my all-time favorite is getting a call at 3PM on Christmas Eve that my 6" Limited gun was ready to be picked up. Back then, the factory was 14 miles from my house and despite the family get together, I hauled aXX over there to get my pistol. They give their heart and soul to building the best pistols they possibly can. And they are great people to boot. I'm sure Johnny Lim is great too, I simply don't know him.

SVI has fantastic customer service. Brandon Strayer has been magnificent with answering any questions that I have had about my SVI 1911 long after he had delivered the gun and had my money. He's even responded to emails on weekends when I didn't have any expectation at all of having a response until after the weekend.

I have never heard anyone talk bad of Brandon or SV. I have also never seen JohnnyLim not offer to help anyone one that needed help at a match he was attending, LimCat or not. That is how I got to know Johnny.

Edited by a matt

With Sv do you actually get to talk to them cause they want you to go on this gun builder site page and create an account then submit it for a price.

You can certainly talk to someone at the factory, but they are extremely busy building pistols/parts. Team guys like me are happy to help you through the gun builder if you have questions. All you gotta do is PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call the first chance I get.....

With Sv do you actually get to talk to them cause they want you to go on this gun builder site page and create an account then submit it for a price.

You can certainly talk to someone at the factory, but they are extremely busy building pistols/parts. Team guys like me are happy to help you through the gun builder if you have questions. All you gotta do is PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call the first chance I get.....

Thanks will do.