Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

9 hours ago, duy said:

Should of gotten a Limcat!!

sv is a good choice too.

Was gonna go with limcat. Talked to julien a bunch of times. Went with SV cause of the custom stuff I wanted that limcat didn't do. Said they couldn't. Wanted 100% like I wanted it. Probably will go limcat on open gun. 

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, 3gunDQ said:

11 1/2 months in on my new IMM. 

Nice you should be getting the 3 week out call at anytime now. from what I hear it's like the 12 -13 month mark is when it happens. I am 8 1/2 months in. Damn that sucks still 5 months. 

9 hours ago, Fowlmouths said:

It is the last 2 days of the wait that is the worst.

Dirt, you might not be able to handle it by the way you are anticipating it so far.  Good luck!

Lol. Pretty much forgot about it until yesterday when thread started back up. 

On 3/10/2017 at 8:18 AM, B45C22 said:

I met Casey and Brandon recently and I can tell you that I am even more convinced that my decision to go all SV was the right one.  My experience has not been without issues, but instead of the normal "It's your ammo" answer, what I got was, "It is this very particular aspect of your ammo, and here is why that is bad in my gun where it may work in other guns"  They explained in detail, with calipers, how they do things differently and why that was the better way to go.  I felt like I had received a free education instead of an excuse.  Lots of builders can build guns that run, few builders can built guns that suit your particular tastes.  I know that you have already bought the SV, (congrats on a good choice) but the best advice that I can give is to buy the one that you will be the happiest to shoot, and shoot the piss out of it.  

I am in LA, and I have, among my stable of SV's, a 5.4" limited gun.  PM me and I'll meet up with you at a match and you can finger it.

What was the issue with your ammo? What gun? 

Yeah I'd like to know also. I know Casey said to load long like start at at 1.20. Also just enough crimp taken out to pass the gauge 

Start at 1.200"..... wow that is long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, 3djedi said:

Start at 1.200"..... wow that is long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

That's what I thought to. Been talking with a Sv team shooter a lot and he's out to 1.22 and higher sometimes. I guess Sv likes them really long. I loaded up some break in rounds for when I get my Sv and I loaded them at 1.195. Tried some in my Custom 6in built by a local smith and wow it loved the 1.195 length. Would've never tried that long if I wasn't getting the Sv. 

The issue was basically that the load that I had been running was too hot for their gun.  I had a few case head separations.  The SV's chamber is tighter than the other gun, so it experienced more pressure.  Case head separations caused the extractor to lose some of it's tension, random ejection patterns.  Ejecting into the bottom of the cmore mount and bouncing back into the chamber.  9mm major issues more than anything.

On 3/12/2017 at 9:05 PM, Dirtchevy841 said:

That's what I thought to. Been talking with a Sv team shooter a lot and he's out to 1.22 and higher sometimes. I guess Sv likes them really long. I loaded up some break in rounds for when I get my Sv and I loaded them at 1.195. Tried some in my Custom 6in built by a local smith and wow it loved the 1.195 length. Would've never tried that long if I wasn't getting the Sv. 

I load at 1.18 but my SV has run everything from factory loads out to 1.22.  It would probably run longer than that, but the mag is the limiting factor.

4 hours ago, Fowlmouths said:

It seemed like eternity to get my first new Infinity!  It was something like 4 days.

4 days WTF. A used one? It feels like 4 years and I still have about 4 months. For the amount of money I spent and the time I just hope it's worth it. Everybody I speak to says it is so I'll see. ?

5 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

4 days WTF. A used one? It feels like 4 years and I still have about 4 months. For the amount of money I spent and the time I just hope it's worth it. Everybody I speak to says it is so I'll see. ?

Brand new "Savant"!

This is what happens after you get your first SV.

The upper most one is a TS .22 Conversion unit on an SV frame.

Next is my Limited gun

Then my 3 Gun

Finally my Single Stack.

I sold my Open gun since I don't shoot Open.

4SVI .JPG

Dirtchevy841

I received my 1st Infinity about 8 weeks ago and it is definitely worth the anxiety and anticipation.   I have been following this thread as my Limited was in progress and never commented; afraid on getting into and adding to the frenzy.  

I had the added issue of trying to "time" my NJ Handgun Purchase Permits (which expire in 90 days) with the birth of my Infinity.  In the end (and throughout), Brandon, Tiffany and Casey made it all happen without a hitch.  

Prior to this Infinity, my prize handgun was (still own it, just dethroned) a Wilson Combat Tactical SuperGrade.  The Infinity outperforms on every level.  The pièce de ré·sis·tance is THE GRIP.  It is like having it glued in my hand, doesn't move vertically or laterally.   Just point and shoot.  

I hope my experience allows you to keep your sanity as you enter into the final phase of production.   You will love it !!

6 hours ago, Austin111 said:

Dirtchevy841

I received my 1st Infinity about 8 weeks ago and it is definitely worth the anxiety and anticipation.   I have been following this thread as my Limited was in progress and never commented; afraid on getting into and adding to the frenzy.  

I had the added issue of trying to "time" my NJ Handgun Purchase Permits (which expire in 90 days) with the birth of my Infinity.  In the end (and throughout), Brandon, Tiffany and Casey made it all happen without a hitch.  

Prior to this Infinity, my prize handgun was (still own it, just dethroned) a Wilson Combat Tactical SuperGrade.  The Infinity outperforms on every level.  The pièce de ré·sis·tance is THE GRIP.  It is like having it glued in my hand, doesn't move vertically or laterally.   Just point and shoot.  

I hope my experience allows you to keep your sanity as you enter into the final phase of production.   You will love it !!

That's great to hear. Was it like everyone says delivered in that 13-14 month range. Starting to shoot more since it's getting nicer outside so not entirely thinking about it everyday ? just maybe once a week lol. What grip did you go with. I went with tactical cause the aggressive was nasty. Casey sent me a sample of each of the grips which was great because I didn't want to make a mistake on picking the wrong texture. 

Dirtchevy841

It took 15.25 months (2 hours and 22 seconds) but was culminating right about the time of December holiday season.   It is a busy time in any industry and I'm sure they were working at 150% to get the December deliveries sent out before the holidays.    I was fine with that considering transporting via UPS and receiving at my FFL  during that hectic time would have added additional uncertainties.  

I chose the Signature Grip (Carbon) with MicroPockets (IMP) Mobius Cutouts.   Secure feel even during strong-hand only or support-hand only stages,

On 3/20/2017 at 4:25 AM, Austin111 said:

Dirtchevy841

It took 15.25 months (2 hours and 22 seconds) but was culminating right about the time of December holiday season.   It is a busy time in any industry and I'm sure they were working at 150% to get the December deliveries sent out before the holidays.    I was fine with that considering transporting via UPS and receiving at my FFL  during that hectic time would have added additional uncertainties.  

I chose the Signature Grip (Carbon) with MicroPockets (IMP) Mobius Cutouts.   Secure feel even during strong-hand only or support-hand only stages,

I went with tactical texture. Glad I had Casey send me the 3 sample grips to try. Evil bubbles was really aggressive. Tactical is slightly more aggressive than a medium feel. 

What DirtChevy hasn't told you is that he has already gone on gunbuilder and spec'd out an IMM gun...........He will have just taken delivery of this Limited gun and he will be building a single stack just because he can........muuuaaaahhhhh!!!

I warned Bobby that this would happen. I can't wait to hear about his new heater when he gets it. I am betting that he will love it, and squeeze it and call it George!!! Or something like that.........

12 hours ago, ROY NEAL said:

What DirtChevy hasn't told you is that he has already gone on gunbuilder and spec'd out an IMM gun...........He will have just taken delivery of this Limited gun and he will be building a single stack just because he can........muuuaaaahhhhh!!!

I warned Bobby that this would happen. I can't wait to hear about his new heater when he gets it. I am betting that he will love it, and squeeze it and call it George!!! Or something like that.........

See what you started Roy. You've created a monster ?. Single stack next year. And what's funny I actually thought about a single stack first than the imm. I hope there's a empty room by you cause I might need it when I tell the wife I want a 3rd Sv.