Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat vs SV

Dirtchevy841

I have to take issue with some adverse comments regarding SVI. I have 5 SVI pistols and each is better than the next. Mine are in 9mm, .40 caliber, 10mm and one open gun in .38 SC. I have had zero malfunctions and zero complaints. Accuracy is great. Questions I have had concerning load data or a build sheet were responded to by SVI in a timely manner. When I clean my SVI's, I inspect each as I do with any firearm. I am continually amazed as to the fine workmanship, so much that comments to the contrary lack credibility. My guess with the slide with the chip missing by the extractor in post #85 is that an after market firing pin stop was misfit when installed. Just a guess.

My only problem with SVI is coming up with the scratch to buy more! But I will.

Mike

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe in the States but the experience of ZeljkoLulic is more the norm here in Europe .

At least with the SV's of the last couple of years .

Seen lots of them that did not run straight from the factory .

Maybe in the States but the experience of ZeljkoLulic is more the norm here in Europe .

At least with the SV's of the last couple of years .

Seen lots of them that did not run straight from the factory .

Are they completely assembled here in the US or are they built by a distributor over there?

I don,t know for sure , but i would like to know the SVI distributor for europe is in Germany .

But to my knowledge he does not build them himself but orders them in the states , if this isn't so i would like to know because i love the looks of a SV .

But if i would buy one i want it to run out of the box !

Having just placed a deposit on a custom SV pistol, what's disconcerting regarding the negative testimonials here is not that there have been malfunctions or issues w/ quality control on the pistols going out the door, rather the lack of communication. If it's true, that's pretty disrespectful. SV should accompany the customer the whole way through the corrective procedure, and eventually make good on their product.

Good lord I can't make my mind up. Limcat or SV. It's a lot of money for either and I am just trying to make the right decision. SV is a beautiful pistol I've come up with in gunbuilder everything I want in a gun and it performs. Limcat is nice also can't get some of the thinks I want in slide and frame cuts, but they make up for it in service being I have a direct connection with Johnny and Julian. Money wise I am looking at 6200 for SV with 5 tuned mags. Limcat 5600 with 5 tuned mags. ?Need to make a choice by next week. SV 1 year or more. Limcat 4-6 month wait time. That's where I am at right now. Any advice LOL.

Put deposit down on SV.

Buy Limcat.

Shoot the crap out of Limcat waiting for SV.

Payoff SV.

Shoot SV.

Keep Limcat as backup/practice gun for SV.

Or whatever.

I thought about that but not enough funds to do both right now. Unfortunately have do do one or the other.

Put deposit down on SV.

Buy Limcat.

Shoot the crap out of Limcat waiting for SV.

Payoff SV.

Shoot SV.

Keep Limcat as backup/practice gun for SV.

Or whatever.

I thought about that but not enough funds to do both right now. Unfortunately have do do one or the other.

Or you can do what I did. Get a CZ Tactical Sport in .40 S&W, add FO sights, magwell, a few extra mags and shoot the hell out of it while waiting for the SVI ;) If you do not need grip reduction then you are looking at $1,500 or so by the time all is said and done. No need to work on the trigger as it is about 30 oz from the factory and is very nice.

not to confuse someone who is already clearly indecisive but have you look at Akai and/or talk to Shay or someone there?

They do some pretty interesting slide cuts etc (seems you like that given your affinity with limcat). They also have some pretty interesting comp setups (the gill comp) that by most accounts works very well.

SV is fantastic but the wait time for me personally would be a bit of a deal killer. if you had another 2011 open gun to shoot in the meantime then sure the SV wait is not so bad. but from memory this is your first open gun. waiting a year for it is another year you wont be shooting...

4-6 months would probably be bearable to me. try akai and see what they can do for you and in what kind of timeframe.

They make some pretty guns too... :)

DSC_2492.JPG

not to confuse someone who is already clearly indecisive but have you look at Akai and/or talk to Shay or someone there?

They do some pretty interesting slide cuts etc (seems you like that given your affinity with limcat). They also have some pretty interesting comp setups (the gill comp) that by most accounts works very well.

SV is fantastic but the wait time for me personally would be a bit of a deal killer. if you had another 2011 open gun to shoot in the meantime then sure the SV wait is not so bad. but from memory this is your first open gun. waiting a year for it is another year you wont be shooting...

4-6 months would probably be bearable to me. try akai and see what they can do for you and in what kind of timeframe.

DSC_2492.JPG

I'll have to look. Not wanting open gun. Limited is my class. Finally have the funds to get a high end custom.

DSC_2492.JPG

Try CK ARMS

0427e5f03245ef1c6367f7cd33c85d38.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk