Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick grip question. Comparisons

HerdThinner

I'm curious who has used both stippled grips and an infinity billet metal grip. I know price is higher but my questions are: What are the pros and cons between the two? Which has the better feel? Is the weight difference that significant? Just trying to make my final decision. Thanks.

Edited by HerdThinner

You already said it. The only down side to a metal grip is the added cost. The extra 8 ounces, for me, is a good thing. That, and it completely changes the way a gun feels. When I drop the hammer on a 1911 with a plastic grip, it has a weird vibration to it. With the metal grips, it feels like a "real" gun to me.

Hello: I guess I am the odd one out here. I get more recoil through my arm with a metal grip than with a plastic grip. Some metal grips give me a tuning fork effect also. As we say in the car world weight is the killer of speed. I vote plastic grip that fits your hand. Thanks, Eric

I'm having a 2011 built. I'm toying with the idea to go for it.

The grips are either aluminum, steel or stainless. Anyone knows the pros and cons. Sorry for the questions. I'm just trying to make an educated purchase.

Edited by HerdThinner

I have an SVI signature grip with skate tape on my Edge and an STI aluminum grip on my tac railed frame. The gun with the aluminum grip weights 6oz less than the steel gripped gun and actually feels like it shoots slightly softer. The SVI grip is much more comfortable though. My next gun will probably have an SVI steel grip.

Plastic/steel after a month of getting used to it. Did a number of drills and. Saw no advantage on the timer or scores on the target.

I've gone back to stippled plastic

Fwiw

Yep and I got a great deal on a used prefit PT textured grip :D

• 2 weeks later...