Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Android 1.3.12 Issue?

BenchRider

We use Kindle FireHD 6's (4th Gen) as our Squad scoring devices and experienced multiple "lock-ups" on several of the scoring devices that SEEMED to occur after a shooter was DQ'd on a stage and then the squad tried to move to the next stage.

When I worked with each device, it seemed you could go back into the stages that were shot during and before the DQ, but couldn't get the tablet to select any stage that had not been shot yet. In all cases, when selecting the next stage, the app would revert back to the initial match screen with the "Enter Scores", "Edit Shooters/Squads", etc. menu options.

We tried exiting and restarting the Practiscore application. We tried rebooting the FireHD 6's. Nothing worked once they decided they were done for the day. One squad reported that rebooting their FireHD 6 got them out of the "lock-up" and they were able to continue scoring the next stage.

I had a different behavior on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (with Samsung's stupid customized <crippled, really> Android OS). That device just reported that Practiscore had "stopped" and went back to the initial match screen.

We made it through the match, but I did end up with sheets of paper from a couple squads that I had to enter into the iPad master device in order to get everyone's scores entered. The good news was, none of the devices lost any data they were given, and Practiscore collected it all together into the iOS iPad without any issue. I just ended up sync-ing like 8 devices for only 5 squads.

I would love to provide any information that could be of help in diagnosing and resolving this issue. Guess I shouldn't have updated to 1.3.12 (on every Android device) on Friday before a match on Sunday, eh?

Sorry about your trouble. Please email all details to support@practiscore.com

If you could provide some instructions how to reproduce issue on a small test match that would be a great help.

I had the same problem as described above. A shooter was DQ'd and as you try to go to the next stage, the tablet would show "Practiscore has stopped working". Restarted Practiscore, restarted the tablet, but neither made any difference. I had a backup tablet that was able to score the remaining stages. I was able to pull the info from the "stopped" tablet to my phone, which had not been used in the match. When I did and tried to then pull up another stage it also would stop working. It seems clear that a DQ is causing the problem. Remove the DQ and it would then run.

Real issue reported several times, but I am also having troubles to reproduce it here.

Were any squads or stages locked to devices? Multiple squads or everyone in the same pile?