Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI edge springs

Dirtchevy841

I assumed it is a .40. I'm using 14lbs recoil spring and a 17lbs main spring (major PF in IPSC). Alternately, I also use DPM recoil system and I use smallest ring and #3 spring combo.

Yep 40 cal. Can't remember if I have a 14 in it. Gonna try the 12 and 17 msh

Gonna get the 11,12,13 and try all. I honestly think it's a 14 in it right now. Wish I could tell. They should color code these damn things lol

Even if they color coded them different manufacturers claim different weights on them. Best to get a spring tester so you know exactly what you are using.

I use an 11 and 17 ismi springs in my DVC limited with dawson buff.

in an edge I would probable run what I have in my Trojan an 12.5 and 17 with dawson buff

I use a Wolff #10 recoil spring and #15 mainspring. With this setup you need to change the springs out every every 7-10K and get an extended firing pin depending on your setup.

Guys running the 12lb spring. Are y'all using a shock buff akai or no.

No buff. I spoke with Dawson about that very issue. They do NOT recommend a buff in a 2011 style gun. The reason is that the 2011 has a "slow" feeding magazine, and the gun will feed better with the full length of stroke. With a buff, you shorten the stroke and don't allow the rounds to move up fast enough to get stripped out of the magazine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...