Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cmore mount screws?

kamikaze1a

I just bought a used open pistol. Cmore mount started moving and found that a couple of the screws need to be replaced. Couldnt find just the screws listed online, are hardware store screws sufficient?

Should i use Red or blue thread locker during assembly?

Thanks!

I use red Loktite on the screws. Just be aware that you will need heat to remove them (I use a mini butane torch, but a soldering iron will work, just slower). I wouldn't trust hardware store screws, they are normally of lesser quality and break easily.

Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow. The screws that came out don't have typical counter sink heads. There is a straight section between the counter sink portion to the flat top area. The hardware screws go from the counter sink to the flat top.

Hello: The screws for the mount to the frame are a special size and you are not likely to find them in a hardware store. Look at Shooters Connection and order some other stuff you want as well. I use Red Loctite on the frame to mount screws and Blue on the C-More to mount screws. Thanks, Eric

The 5-40 screws arrived and it turned out to be a smaller than the existing. This CMore mount uses 8-32 screws a common size but no countersunk screws with allen or torx at Ace or Homedepot.

Next tact, chase the threads of the original screws with a die and use red loctite.

By the way, the the thumb index tab attaches to the CMore mount and the tab's screws protrude into the CMore mount holes. Messed up the screw when I removed the mount...

Flat socket cap screw is what the screw is called at fasenal. Just ordered 10 the other day. For $11 shipped. Probably could've got it shipped to the store for free but just had it shipped to my house.

Edited by Shmella

As it turned out, they had only phillips drive so ended up chasing the threads on the original screws, shortening the thumb rest screws and loctiting the screws.

I have been driving by the Fastenal store for years but never been in the store. Now that I know what they have I will be back for more....this location had a lot more than just nuts and bolts!