Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Use of Hard Cover on a USPSA Target

Mig

niiiiice, 2 people local to me :)

I can chime in also!

Nice seeing a neighbor here. Maybe Tim will chime in later.

HAHAHA. Hoodbridge!

*Hijacking thread*

Did any of you shoot the USPSA match last night?

The one at the NRA Range? Nope. I won't be running anytime soon. I'm going to have to stick with Steel Challenge and maybe hobble back to Cowboy Action. I don't want to be that guy who passes out on a stage with a gun in my hand.

Sometimes when the site won't let me attach something, I turn off the lightswitch icon in the upper left corner of the "Reply to this topic" box. If it's a web link, bracket the address with [ url ] and [ /url ] (without the spaces between the brackets).

Edited by JAFO

In all my years of shooting USPSA competitions this is the first I've come across that presentation. Showed the photo to an even more experienced shooter and he said the same thing.

Edited by Mig

Mig,

As long as 25% of the lower A zone, or the entire upper A is avaible it is legal. there is no signle set hardcover pattern that is set in the rules. Shot a match at North Mountin last year where the hard cover was a latice pattern of black tape across the entire target, that made it a lot of fun.

In all my years of shooting USPSA competitions this is the first I've come across that presentation. Showed the photo to an even more experienced shooter and he said the same thing.

Yup, unusual but within the rules.

"At least 25% of the lower A-zone, or the entire upper A-zone, must remain visible around hardcover or overlapping no-shoots."

Shot a match at North Mountin last year where the hard cover was a latice pattern of black tape across the entire target, that made it a lot of fun.

while the pictured target seems unusual, it also seems practical and interesting. what you are describing seems less practical. Seems like it would introduce a large element of luck.