Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How does one clean newly reloaded rounds?

IGOTGLOCKED

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never used case lube on any straight walled cartridge. If you still have lube on your brass after reloading, how do you know it isn't inside the case, too? Lube will prevent the powder from igniting properly. And screws with the primer compound, too.

I have never used case lube on any straight walled cartridge. If you still have lube on your brass after reloading, how do you know it isn't inside the case, too? Lube will prevent the powder from igniting properly. And screws with the primer compound, too.

First you use the right lube. Second you use the right technique

I have never used case lube on any straight walled cartridge.

Lube will prevent the powder from igniting properly. And screws with the primer compound, too.

Not true.

One shot or Dillon (the only ones I have used, and use Dillon exclusively now) do not cause a powder or primer problem. And I ALWAYS use lube, straight walled cases AND bottleneck...

And if you are concerned about lube inside the case, just spray the lube in a bowl or zip lock bag first, then add brass and shake. Results; no lube inside the case.

I can't imagine loading without lube...

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

Lube will prevent the powder from igniting properly. And screws with the primer compound, too.

Not true.

One shot or Dillon (the only ones I have used, and use Dillon exclusively now) do not cause a powder or primer problem. And I ALWAYS use lube, straight walled cases AND bottleneck...

And if you are concerned about lube inside the case, just spray the lube in a bowl or zip lock bag first, then add brass and shake. Results; no lube inside the case.

jj

It's funny, when people ask about deactivating priming mistakes, the typical answer is soak it in oil.

Not true.

jj

It's funny, when people ask about deactivating priming mistakes, the typical answer is soak it in oil.

I believe the point is you are not soaking the case in oil when you spray case lube on it, if you are you are doing it wrong.

I remember reading an article by the AMU high power team on reloading that showed their set up for spraying lanolin case lube (think Dillon) on the case necks prior to loading new PRIMED brass, they made a holder so they could stand them all up and spray the necks in bulk, no effort to avoid getting it in the case mouths, last I checked they are pretty good at what they do.

Not true.

jj

Case lube is not oil.

• 3 weeks later...

I wipe them down with rubbing alcohol. I have discovered rounds that won't case-gauge quite often just have tiny bit of crud on the case. Clean the case and the round case-gauges perfect. I might be stopping a jam at the range doing that.

Precisely, I have seen one granule of powder cause a round to not case gauge...

• 4 weeks later...