Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sons first shotgun

1911vm

For some reason it's always easier to give others advice

My son wants to start 3 gun

Cannot decide on a shotgun he is 6ft1in tall and 120lb we get concerned when the wind blows to hard. Looking for a softest shouting gun. Any suggestions?

It's all about fit and technique. My daughter is 17, 5'5" and 130lbs. She shoots my pump without reservation. If you want the shotgun with a really soft feel, get him an M3K, cut the stock and add a nice thick kick eez pad. It's easy to do, cost effective and won't knock anyone over.

this is what happens when you have more then one safe. I just found an old 1100 that I got setup for 3gun 10 years or so ago and never used it. if I remember that thing was super soft.

Holy shit. 6'1 and only at 120?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

He was the only 1 on the wrestling team that did not need to cut weight. Lol
Lolol he should be playing basketball ;) how old is he? I wrestled 172 when I was 5'11

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My 1100 was very soft-shooting but kept breaking in matches. Almost made me give up 3gun before I went to the inertia guns. If it gets used little and cleaned often, and mostly for smaller low-round-count local matches, the 1100 will be fine while he decides if he wants to stay in it. JM Pros are wildly unpredictable. May go 100% for years, or may be a dog from the get-go. Never know when it comes out of the box, but I would be VERY wary of buying a used one. Versa is really soft, but also really heavy. Very exhausting for younger shooters to shoot a whole match with.