Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tried a couple of Glock ETS magazines

Bryan 45

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI these are on sale CHEAP right now.  Botach, but appear to be in stock (and if not, worth the wait with free economy shipping).

https://www.botach.com/ets-advanced-polymer-translucent-glock-magazines/

As low as $12.75 a piece in bulk.  I ordered three more 9 mm 140's as backups and six 40cal 140's for a psuedo-limited Glock 22 - couldn't pass this up.

They have "regular", 140mm, 170mm and larger all on sale for all the calibers they make.

Edited by mreed911

19 hours ago, mreed911 said:

Just FYI these are on sale CHEAP right now.  Botach, but appear to be in stock (and if not, worth the wait with free economy shipping).

https://www.botach.com/ets-advanced-polymer-translucent-glock-magazines/

As low as $12.75 a piece in bulk.  I ordered three more 9 mm 140's as backups and six 40cal 140's for a psuedo-limited Glock 22 - couldn't pass this up.

They have "regular", 140mm, 170mm and larger all on sale for all the calibers they make.

Hope they work well for you. I had for my g19 and finally sent them all back.

13 hours ago, mreed911 said:

If you'd read up the thread you'd see that I personally use them.

I really don't care if you do or not. If you'd read up the thread you'd see I had trouble with them from the beginning. They are great people, very accommodating, and backed up their warranty! I was simply putting it out there that there are some issues with them in some guns. They cost me a couple of stages and I chose to send them back and use the manufacturers magazines, my choice. Take a chill pill dude...

I have over a year and probably ~2500 rounds on my three ETS 22 rounders and no issues. I would say that I've never left them loaded for long. They always drop free. 

Mine arent 22 rounds reloadable on a closed slide (easily) I always download one for reloads.

I picked up a few more ETS 22 round 9mm magazines a couple months back- CHEAP.  I think they were around $17 each.  Finally used them this past weekend in a steel challenge match.  No malfunctions from 4 more brand new out of the package magazines.  No break-in needed.

I still prefer the feel of a factory Glock magazine with a TTI basepad, but for the cost you can't beat the ETS magazine.

I've been using the 9mm 140 mags for a few months and they've been working awesome.  I purchased 5 of the 140's in .40 and two of them are hit or miss when getting down to last 5 rounds.   Shot an indoor match last month and I dropped a fully loaded mag from my mag pouch accidently and it cracked in the front and launched 18 rounds across the range floor.  

JG

2 hours ago, Acespeedy said:

I've been using the 9mm 140 mags for a few months and they've been working awesome.  I purchased 5 of the 140's in .40 and two of them are hit or miss when getting down to last 5 rounds.   Shot an indoor match last month and I dropped a fully loaded mag from my mag pouch accidently and it cracked in the front and launched 18 rounds across the range floor.  

JG

Call ETS.  They'll make it right.

FWIW, I have my basepads from mine sitting in the garage, paint drying.  I'll let them dry all week then pop them on before the match on Saturday.

I will say that I'm surprised how much the springs "set" in the ones I've used vs. the backup ones.  They function fine (and they're TIGHT on the last few rounds) but there's a lot of compression to be had in that first few loadings.

Bought 5 of the first 31 round 9mm mags and set them aside.  Start using them 2 months ago when my son started PCC.  Nothing but trouble.  Contacted the company and got new followers.  Same problems of rounds hanging up in the mag and leveling out instead of staying nose up.  This is with reloads and factory Federal and Winchester 115. 

The 15 round mag for the G19 has worked flawlessly. 

13 hours ago, Acespeedy said:

JG

How many rounds are you getting in the .40 140mm? How are they seating fully loaded? 

I have bought a bunch of these, starting with when they first came out. By now I probably have 3 dozen or so, from 17 to 31 rounds. I have been buying a few every time ETS offers a holiday discount, and am 100% happy

I have used them in uspsa and 3 gun matches, and I have nothing but good things to say about them.  First, I am a big fan of leaving them loaded.  I have only found one that had a bad spring, and it was immediately replaced.  

They seem to stand up to abuse like stepping on them post reload with aplomb.  I will also give them props for being the only mags that worked in my kel-tec, when even factory glock mags jammed. 

I am the guy that manages to Break almost every thing, and I am satisfied with ETS mags.

I took my 9mm and 40 mags apart a few days ago to paint the floorplates.  Putting them back together I noticed that since I'd bought in two batches I apparently had two different generations of inserts.

Here's the difference in the 9mm ones - the one marked 9mm has two prongs at the rear of the floorplate to seat/guide the spring:

IMG_1030.thumb.JPG.e4ecc5397e9be914db520b7d770dc099.JPG

Here's the difference in the .40 cal ones - the one marked "2" appears to be longer/wider at the rear:

IMG_1032.thumb.JPG.56fd25c6837a2ffb5646d8e64cd01ec6.JPG

I've sent an email to ETS to see if this was a response to a problem and if I need new inserts.  For those of you having problems with your .40 cal mags, you might look and see.

Before anyone asks, everything else about the mag bodies appears identical to my eye.

Edited by mreed911

Just FYI, ETS responded and basically said the difference on the 9mm ones is to aid in assembly (makes it faster for them to assemble/set the spring in place so the insert properly engages the floorplate), nothing related to function.

Edit: They were concerned about the .40 inserts.  Apparently they're supposed to be "cut" for smaller mags but the 140's should have the larger ones (uncut).  I sent a pic and they're sending me unaltered inserts for my .40 mags.  If you're having .40 problems, you might check your inserts against my pics - in full size mags they should be the uncut/untrimmed inserts.

Edited by mreed911