Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore - Cool New Feature

RaylanGivens

Screenshot%20PS%20Stage%20Times_zpsx6uno

Just found out about a cool new feature in Android PractiScore v1.3.10... The time required for each squad to shoot a stage, plus the time it took for all squads to shoot that stage, is now available...

After a match... Press on "Enter Scores" then press on one of the match stages to get a screen similar to the screenprint above...

This is helpful to determine if one squad was holding up the shooting and also to determine which stage took the least or most time to shoot... A good match director tool...

Noticed this after our last match. Might think about putting it to use. especially helpful knowing if a particular quad as the issue or a particular stage.

I can not fathom ever doing scores the old way ever again. Can you wrap your mind around paper score sheets and Not-So-EzWinScore?

I often find that its the RO's running the squad that allow a squad to run slower than others. Since this is a social sport RO's have to stay on the shooters to get things done in a timely matter. And I will admit i sometimes get caught up talking as well but were all guilty of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The newest Android version (1.3.12) also has support for Competitor and RO finger signatures, turn it on on the match setup screen and you'll see buttons at the bottom of the Stage summary screen after scoring. Works great! Shows a little colored flag on the squad list for each person's sig checked off.

I have looked at it briefly and it is slick. I would like to have the capability to save the RO initials the first time scores are entered for a squad and the have PractiScore fill in for the remainder of that squad. That would speed things up when processing shooters.

Zack, it is doable, but it would defeat the purpose of ro signature.

Also, I'd recommend to do the initials instead of signature for both.

Think about the poor RO running the tablet at Area 6 this past weeekend. Over 5,000 scores were entered (BTW 1.3.10 ran flawlessly except for the one bug I reported this morning). I would not want to have to enter my initials in PS 5000+ times. Once per squad is sufficient, IMO.

Zack, in that case, it is essentially the same as not signing it at all. And I can't tell if scoring RO didn't change mid squad.

Besides, they do it in paper all the time.

Edited by euxx

Zack, in that case, it is essentially the same as not signing it at all. And I can't tell if scoring RO didn't change mid squad.

Besides, they do it in paper all the time.

I disagree but that's typical between you and me. It's a nice feature but won't be utilized at matches where I run/assist with stats.

I disagree but that's typical between you and me. It's a nice feature but won't be utilized at matches where I run/assist with stats.

My point is that what you are asking is be essentially the same as pre-printing ROs signatures on all paper scoresheets. That completely defeats the purpose of signature, so it is quite logical for you not to use it and we both in agreement here.

BTW, this feature wasn't requested by any of the US match directors.

• 2 weeks later...

I used this feature (the squad times) plus the Match Progress-->Detail Report in the iOS version to look at why our local match took so long yesterday. It confirmed that the squad of experienced shooters ran smoothly and more quickly than the squads laden with new shooters. It also showed us which stage designs were slower overall, most were "duh" type results but one was interesting in that it took longer than expected per shooter. The expectation that it would be a quicker stage because it was heavy in steel (a couple plate racks and some poppers) and thus easier to reset was outweighed by the fact that a lot of the shooters took forever to hit the plates. As a database nerd and metrics geek these features are awesome

how about for IPads? Currently running version 1.674 (13) ...

It's not as concise as what euxx has in Android but on your iPad go to Match Progress -> Squad times. I use the completion overview quite a bit to see how well the match is progressing.