Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Invictus Practical vs Carbon Arms shell holders

shaun1826

Both are great and support the sport. Both have great customer service.. Try both at a local match... At my local 3g matches most competitors will talk up their gear and let you have a hands on tryout...

Agreed, both are good products.

I used Carbon Arms for a while. Great, durable clips.

Then, a couple years ago, I switched to Invictus for several reasons (entirely on my own dime and choosing) and have been extremely satisfied and pleased with the products.

Feel free to let me know of questions after taking a look:

https://youtu.be/4_I-N3Hy9KY

https://youtu.be/XBFl-vNFJYM

https://youtu.be/BlIrduKqbwE

Full disclosure: As of recently, I've been honored to be sponsored by Invictus. My message has been the same for a couple years now though, evidenced by post history. :-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Edited by AustinWolv

I don't have any experience with the Carbon Arms caddies, but I do love me some IP products. The modularity and adjustability of the IP stuff is very important for me, I have a 30" waist so it takes a bit of calculus, geometry and sorcery skill to cram all my gear on there. Invictus Practical helps me achieve that and helps you maintain an erection longer, so that's good. Oh yeah, Kevin Pratt is a BOSS!

Kevin Pratt and Invictus is local for me and I have worked with him at his location of business, Yes, I do use Invictus products. Had a quad belt rig break (my fault for laying on it). It was repaired free of charge. A lot of choices, but I am quite happy with Invictus over others I have tried. Try as much as you can and see. From my perspective +1 for Invictus.

Paul : -)#

The Invictus 2-Point 8ight is solidly built, adjustable and it stays put in the configuration even with me laying on it or ripping shells out in a furious rage for missing a target forcing me to reload. The Rack12 is similar, I shimmied around prone on rocks with them on and the clips only got dusty. I'm not a fan of the 12Q as it ships because the clips rotate themselves loose. However, with the Mod1 system (basically as-it-should-BE), the 12Q is solid. Adding the extra coupling bar makes the 12Q awesome, but it's not worth buying without the extra bar. I'm not sponsored by Invictus, but I'm about to buy a DeTurk Vest, 2 2.8 plates and 2 Rack 12's to add to my other 2.8 plates and 12Q.

I've tried Carbon Arms caddies. The clips did not feel as rugged to me as I would have liked and the shell spacing was a bit off for me. While that might be used to me using Invictus caddies primarily, on long shotgun stages I borrow my shooting buddies Taccom caddies which work almost as well as the Invictus for me. Best advice I can give you is to feel them all, you can grab off my caddies at any match I'm at, and see what you like best. If you can't make it to a match, buy one of each and then sell the ones you don't like or keep them around for the ever popular 50 round mixed load shotgun stages that we all love! :cheers:

I used a mix of Carbon Arms, Invictus, and Taccom bought on my own dime before applying for a sponsorship with Carbon Arms. I like their Twins loading gear the best because of the shell retention and durability of the caddies. Besides just going prone, I've face planted in the middle of stage (see here: https://youtu.be/hhTYNOtgTDY?t=40s) and all that happened was my wife laughed at me later, since no shells came out. The shells release easy but the retention clips are robust and I've never broken one before.

Edited by rboyes

Full disclaimer: Yes, I am sponsored by Carbon Arms :)

That being said, I was a huge supporter of Carbon Arms before getting any sponsorship. I was first introduced to the Carbon Arms line during a Babes with Bullets camp. My hands are on the small size and the old way of loading from a shell caddy was virtually impossible for me. One of the instructors let me us their CA Backbone and for the first time I was competitive in the shotgun loading arena. I went out and bought a CA backbone as soon as the camp was done. I received my next CA gear (pinwheel) when they sponsored a match I attended. Not only do they make outstanding products, Mark and company are also huge supporters of the 3gun sport. Even before becoming a CA team member, I was able to email the company and receive prompt and friendly service.

As for durability, I have fallen prone on them, gotten the clips caught on the inside of a tire, and snagged them on a car steering wheel (through no fault of the equipment, I have T-Rex arms and have to get very close to the props), I've only had one clip break in nearly 3 years. They are easy to put together and work in numerous configurations. Definitely the go-to shotgun loading equipment in my book.