Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are the best socks for 3-gun?

I am packing for Nationals and am really at a loss, what is the best sock for 3-gun. I know a guy can get by with socks that are ment for just pistol matches, but they seem to lack the extra cushioning needed when carrying all the extra gear 3-gun requires. Do you guys recommend thick wool for the cushioning? A 30/ 70% blended sock like the military? Straight cotton and rely on the properties of your fancy shark shoes? Or go with full synthetics to match you race shoes? A last minute addition is really throwing my into a qaundry and that is the Tommy Copper compression socks with anti-microbial copper bits?.....any help is greatly appreciated. I am also wondering about the best tooth paste for 3-gun, but this thread is vital for me and other shooters so I won't dilute it. THANKS!!

Nugget, Max loves cats, usually after a proper Sub-sonic jellying! He really doesn't like them when they are fresh and scratchy. ;)

Edited by kurtm

Once upon a midnight dreary..... we wore our jungle boots with no socks what so ever, but modern 3-gun has shown me many things. I now realise that winning performance can not be accomplished without the proper socks, hence the thread. :lol:

I would check with Saloman. They will tell you what socks they recommend for wearing with their Speed Cross shoes.

You are wearing those right? I believe they are now required.

I'd recommend going ahead and getting the Kuhl pants, too. They will likely be required to compete next year as well.

Well I think this deserves more attention and thought. The suggestion of the copper fused socks I think is one that would be very beneficial to one's overall performance. The reason behind this is the ability of copper to be an excellent conductor of electricity. With this in mind one must understand the laws of physics and electricity with copper infused socks since they are encircling your foot you are creating a coil. Your body produces a small amount of electricity and in essence will flow through the copper and create a magnetic force. Since you have now created a FORCE one must use the FORCE to their advantage.

Case in point the earth is a big magnet and if magnets can attract and hold strongly or repel each other having these socks will allow one to take advantage of these forces of nature. By using your body and mind and switching the polarity of the socks you could make them alternately repel and attract in relation to the earths magnetic field (think bionic man running speed) and then hold tight to the ground for those long leaning hanging out shots around obstacles.

So the copper socks arte the best option.