Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Boise area Steel Challenge matches

RickT

Wife and I are still looking at Idaho for retirement in the next year or two and have started looking in the greater Boise area. I'm sure there's a good deal of shooting in that area. Can anyone suggest clubs that offer SC? We're looking to shoot at least twice per month. In CA we shoot year round, but I suspect some of the clubs would have a short winter hiatus. I'm less concerned about finding a place to practice in a relatively gun-friendly state like Idaho. Of course coming from CA almost any state would be an improvement.

Contact 2MoreChains. He's a range master USPSA guy. He'll know

Look at the club in Nampa. I don't know if they have SC. I took a class there a year ago. Great people.

Edited by Smitty79

Steel Challenge is run two times a week in nampa on Monday and Wednesday night's staying mid April and ending beginning if September. We shoot four stages one week then the next four the following week alternating the entire season. Nampa also shoots two uspsa matches per month through the entire year.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Rick, check out idahosteelchallenge.com that's the home page for the Nampa matches Jared mentioned. We run a season points race, unofficial classifications, and three all day 8 stage matches throughout the season on Holiday weekends in addition to the Monday/Wednesday night 4 stage matches. The Nampa Rod and Gun Club outdoor range is located about 30 minutes away from Boise city limits depending on traffic and starting point. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Just went to my first 4-stage match there tonight. Very pleasant group of folks; my squad had a husband & wife shooting Limited & .22, respectively. I'm a little sunburned and have a scorecard in the "consider chess instead" ranking, but had a great time.