Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

any muzzle brakes that perform like a SJC Titan, only quieter?

Scottie

I am curious to see if anyone has experience with a Titan on a 223 and replaced it with something that performs as well and is significantly quieter. I know all brakes are loud, but the Titans seem extra loud. I'm just looking to do anything I can to preserve my hearing a bit.

Rolling Thunder always seems to be highly rated, and I personally run this comp, It works for me. Tried the SJC, didn't find it better than a Thunder, but a hell of a lot louder and more abrupt even to the shooter.

Thanks, that's one I was looking at in the past but never tried. I'm glad you have experience with a Titan because they do work well. I think I'll give the Rolling Thunder a try. I recall a youtube video on how to tune them as well.

Carbon Arms Gas Hog. I have a Titan, and I can't really tell a performance difference between the two, and the Gas Hog is much quieter. It doesn't even make my eyeballs bounce!

Dynamic resistance, Seekins, PRI Quiet Comp, Ross Schuler 3 port, Gas Hog... These all work great, are quieter and less concussive on the shooter, than the SJC. Pick the one you think looks cool and go have fun.

I like and am using Uncle Jerry's comp, The Titan has it's uses though, keeps pesky RO's out of personal space and gives your video a dynamic shake for each shot. HaHa. I've heard good things about Robbie Wheaton Comp but haven't had a chance to test one.