Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nook ST internal clock

ac4wordplay

I've been happily using the Nook ST at our matches for almost a year. At the last match I wasn't able to sync one device with the master - I received a message like 'time discrepancy error'. The Nook's clock time was ~ 12 minutes different from the master's (Nook non-ST tablet, or iPad, or iPhone) clock time. I've heard about this issue before and knew how to overcome it at the match, but I'd like to fix the issue by updating all the Nooks' clock times (currently they're all a bit different by a few minutes - the problem I had was with the most extreme example). So...

How do I update the Nook ST internal clock time?

I charge the Nooks at home, and they're connected to my network at that time. Hasn't updated their clocks.

TIA,

ac

Use the clocksync.apk to update the Nook time. There are several threads on this. Use the forum search function to find them.

Thanks. Found the thread. Clock issue resolved.

Shame on me for posting the question and not searching first.

For anyone looking for the app:

http://amip.tools-for.net/wiki/android/clocksync

Don't know why it didn't come up a week ago when I was looking, but found it today, put in on a micro card and loaded it. Took a few seconds to figure out and the clock is now set. I will be syncing all my nooks as they are all drifting a couple minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Clocksync won't work on my Nook Simple Touch (BNRV300). I used Root'n'ScoreIt last summer to root my Nooks.

I get this message:

Unfortunately, ClockSync can't navigate you to the system Date & time settings because your Android version (1.5) doesn't support this API. Please open the launcher home screen, press the Menu button, Settings, Date & time.

Settings: Date & Time doesn't help either.

Anything else that might help me to set the time?

Bud

Have you connected them to a wi-fi router that has internet connection?

Most of the time they will update from the internet connection.

Some will not and have to use a clock sync app.

Yes, I have them on the home router and none will update the time.

I left one on for two days and it is still running fast.