Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classic: What's carrying your loaders?

I'm looking to assemble a rig for Classic, running Comp 3 speedloaders. What should I use to haul these across a stage? I have a leather holder that holds three and appears homemade. Is the Safariland 333 the default choice?

North Mountain here, too. I got a custom setup with 9 holders and spacers to push the loaders out from the belt a little ways. Safariland 333 and CD-2 and Hogue HoldAll holders will all work, but have different tradeoffs. Stages where all ammo starts on the table are a little more difficult with those rigs. Throwing loaders in the big cups of the NM rig is a bit faster.

Alec, thanks for the reply, that's what I was picturing. Now, to figure out if I can swallow that pill just to screw around a time or two...

The CD-2 is more along the price point I was hoping for.

I'm typically in Limited, but trying Classic and Open at some point sounds like a blast!

I don't know why I didn't think of that! Duh! My Limited rig is still using home-made posts a year later! And they're steel! weigh nearly as much as the gun!

I ordered a couple sheets of Kydex off amazon today. I've never used it before, but it could be fun to play around with. 'Course, Amazon let me select and pay for Two Day shipping, then promptly informed me the package should be here in FIVE Days(3 business).

Maybe if I come up with something that isn't disgusting I'll post pictures. But that's not likely...

A friend of mine has made several of the moonclip holders himself. You just need to measure out the pattern before you start cutting. Haven't done Kydex myself but it seems pretty forgiving to work with.

Edited by Alaskan454

• 2 months later...

I like the looks of the North Mountain but right now my wallet doesn't as I am just getting my feet wet in ICORE.

I have been using two Safariland 333 holders to carry six Comp III's and they have worked well through the three matches I have shot.

I hunted around and found them somewhere on sale online, I think $30 on ebay with free shipping.

Agreed, you'll wind up just spending more money when you decide you want the good stuff.

Go with the north mountain rig, talk to bob about making one with your desired amount of speed loader holders.

11874231_10204730112718181_1551828032_n.

11873977_10204730112798183_1265949115_n.

Funny that this thread just got bumped up. I decided to make a couple quick-n-dirty loader holders for a match this weekend. I tried something a little different on each one, so my mass production skills are weak! I also didn't put any effort into finishing touches(didn't even wipe off my paint pen!). My total outlay for materials is roughly $5. My only real requirement for these holders was retention and they all hold securely. I like the one on the far right the best, so I might make 5 more of those. That's only if I have any fun playing this weekend! Kydex is both easy and frustrating to work with. If i was using a mold and making something relatively flat, it'd be a piece of cake. These 3-D shapes are a little more interesting.

CAM02083_zpsb3gqwfwz.jpg

Edit: Hey, my 50th post was something of value! Yay!

Edit 2: I need to retake kindergarten crafts. These things look pretty bad in the photo!

Edited by Seancass