Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help posting pics in adds

Having trouble uploading pictures on a add in the Classifieds section. Every picture I take says file is to large. Can someone please help me out with this?

If you have a Mac then open the image in Preview, select Tools/Adjust Size and set the value similar to those below, ideally keep the longest edge of the image to 640 to 750 and set the DPI to 72. This can shrink a 15Mb file down to around 100Kb

post-293-0-61264300-1459795721_thumb.png

If you're running windows then open the image in whatever image viewer comes with the OS and look for a similar option to resize.

While you can upload images from our iPhone/iPad to this forum, the file size would still be an issue. Maybe there is an App that will allow a resize option. Or email the photo to yourself, I think Mail will ask what size you want the image to be so you can send your self a smaller copy and use that for the upload to this forum.

Edited by BritinUSA

Go to the photo on your phone and screenshot it. Upload the screenshot instead. Has worked for me every time a picture on my IPHONE was too big.

Quicker than emailing too.

Edited by Shmella

• 5 weeks later...

Resize the pics on your computer, then upload them to a host website. Somewhere between 100-300K is all you need for the web.

example, this is only 120K.

image37349.jpg

Edited by 9x45

• 4 weeks later...