Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

? Glass ?

Revofan

New to long range shooting new meaning never done it i plan on buying a ruger precision rifle in 308 and don't know a thing about optics I will say I am not new to shooting I shoot uspsa and steel matches and everything in between also shoot my ar under 100 yard nothing far but just for fun and not often at all but I'm a pistol guy that wants to shoot rifle for fun with my kids and I think that's a good starter rifle for me not looking to spent 3000 on a scope but I don't want junk either any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Is $3,000 your ceiling, or do you have a price range?

Just a few suggestions I have are the SWFA SS 5-20X50; you can get both a non-illuminated and illuminated Mil-quad reticle for about $1,000 to $1,500 respectively. The Vortex Razor 3-18X50 runs about $2,000.

It really depends on your goals and budget. Are you going to be shooting at the same range? Are you going to be shooting long range matches? Need a little more info.

The SWFA SS 3-9x is good bang for your buck and goes on sale every black Friday for around $500. They also make a highly regarded 5-20x but it is more money.

Is $3,000 your ceiling, or do you have a price range?

Just a few suggestions I have are the SWFA SS 5-20X50; you can get both a non-illuminated and illuminated Mil-quad reticle for about $1,000 to $1,500 respectively. The Vortex Razor 3-18X50 runs about $2,000.

It really depends on your goals and budget. Are you going to be shooting at the same range? Are you going to be shooting long range matches? Need a little more info.

Honestly 2000 would be my ceiling would like to stay rite around 1000 not planning on competing with it as I've stated above just want to do some precision shooting with my kids my range only has 100-300yrd range but there is one about an hrs drive that goes out 600 or 800 that I would like to try

New to long range shooting new meaning never done it i plan on buying a ruger precision rifle in 308 and don't know a thing about optics I will say I am not new to shooting I shoot uspsa and steel matches and everything in between also shoot my ar under 100 yard nothing far but just for fun and not often at all but I'm a pistol guy that wants to shoot rifle for fun with my kids and I think that's a good starter rifle for me not looking to spent 3000 on a scope but I don't want junk either any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Longest sentence ever.

For < $500 you could buy a Weaver T36, w/rings, then hang it on any rifle you want and see most of your hits.

It's a precision target scope that'll work on a 17HMR thru your 308 easily. If used the right rings it can be switched from gun to gun as needed.

Certainly there are plenty of more expensive scope to choose from.