Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Muzzleloader Division

In my recent thread concerning a possible Cowboy division, someone brought up a possible WWII division, and while we're on that note has anyone considered a Muzzleloader division? Not specifically Flintlocks but any 1865 or earlier muzzleloader of your choice WITHOUT optics (sorry blind people, aka scoped divisions)

Cap and ball revolvers, no limit to how many you carry

Muzzleloader shotguns

Muzzleloader rifles

Modern belt, holsters, slings, and speedloaders for any/every gun

Now I know that some of you noticed above where there was no limit to the number of revolvers you could carry, and those of you excited for Cowboy division might think that's a little too much leeway for the Blackpowder boys to have, but remember these are cap & ball revolvers not those space age metallic cartridges you're used to so deal with it.

And as you can see all the other gear can be modern. This is to encourage blackpowder speed shooting. Specialized carriers for extra revolver cylinders are encouraged, speedloaders for measuring powder charges, preloaded ball and shot drops, and of course you can bolt on whatever modern 1 or 2 point sling you want.

Let's think out of the box to modernize these muskets! If you want to accessorize your guns for faster shooting and loading go for it. Install some modern sights, add some grip tape, do some stippling and even get a new cerakote. We all know the paintjobs make the guns shoot faster. Unfortunately sabre slashes won't be picked up by the shot timers so don't bother.

Scoring would be HM just like Cowboy because of the longer reloads times

Paper, 1rd anywhere (pistol or rifle)

Bay Steel, must fall to score

Clays, need 1 BB to score

LR Steel, hits called by RO

And any RO calling hits on LR steel is going to have to be far enough away from the shooter that they can see around the smokescreen put out by these guns. Anyone who's shot blackpowder knows what I'm talking about, you go from clear to cloud in a split second.

How about the sunscreen division? Competitors could shoot any gun at any target it was safe to do so at, with no limitations on guns or accessories, and they would be allowed to stage guns and ammo and accessories wherever they wished on the stage as long as it was safe. But they would only be allowed to wear ankle socks, low top shoes, and a gun belt, plus eye and ear protection. No clothes, hats, scarfs, visors, gloves, or other body coving of ANY kind.

How about the sunscreen division? Competitors could shoot any gun at any target it was safe to do so at, with no limitations on guns or accessories, and they would be allowed to stage guns and ammo and accessories wherever they wished on the stage as long as it was safe. But they would only be allowed to wear ankle socks, low top shoes, and a gun belt, plus eye and ear protection. No clothes, hats, scarfs, visors, gloves, or other body coving of ANY kind.Like

Like Naked Trooper!

Not just like naked trooper, exactly 100% naked trooper. Sunburns, abrasions, brass burns, jacket fly back to the junk, and balls on the ground prone. All hard core, no bullshit who wants it more, 3 gun carnage. Moltke could still use his flintlock, but I am not sure it would be much advantage. Hawaiian Tropic could be approached for sponsorship.

I like it. I've brought a lever action to use as a stage gun for local 3-Gun twice. The first time was a Marlin in .357 Magnum. Some complained that it was a bit out of place as a stage gun in a 3-Gun match. The second time I brought a Mossberg 464 SPX tactical cowboy gun in 30-30, complete with Magpul buttstock and rail covers. That's what happens when you mix sarcasm with Gallery of Guns. I still hear about it three years later and nobody complains about stage guns anymore.

Not just like naked trooper, exactly 100% naked trooper. Sunburns, abrasions, brass burns, jacket fly back to the junk, and balls on the ground prone. All hard core, no bullshit who wants it more, 3 gun carnage. Moltke could still use his flintlock, but I am not sure it would be much advantage. Hawaiian Tropic could be approached for sponsorship.

Not sure I want to do "Full" Naked, would this be acceptable and tactical enough for Naked Trooper Division?

Doug

post-8887-0-23821500-1459870552_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...