Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best 3 gun hand soap

Several hand soaps I have tried leave my hands too dry making it very hard to hold shotgun shells.....I like to call it dry slick! I have tried moisturizing soaps and they seem to have an oily residue that is almost as bad as "dry slick". What is the best 3-gun hand soap that leaves your hands not too dry, but not soaking in grease? What soap do the pros recommend? What are some of the personal hygiene products that you see on the pro's shirts? Anything will help, thanks

It is about time someone had the balls to bring up this topic. Dirty meat hooks are not only unsightly, but not hygienic. Shooting can leave lead and other dangerous deposits on our hands and it is important that we wash those nasty things off. I have found that the best product to use is dawn dishwashing detergent. I prefer the blue. It leaves my hands clean, but not stripped of moisture, and has a fresh clean scent.

I'm pretty new here but even I know that tactical soap is the best. The real question is who makes the best competition belt compatible pouch for it. The rope seems to get hung up on gear as I mount and dismount it. I've been using a spare safariland AR mag pouch, but the retention sucks and I'm worried about a DQ if I drop the soap.

post-62682-0-34073400-1459383896_thumb.j

Edited by MikeEdwards

On a serious twist, I was shooting at a really nice range outside St. Louis and their bathroom (a real bathroom at the range house) had a special heavy-metal specific hand soap.

I don't have a habit of licking the gunpowder and lead off my fingers but considering the range fee didn't strike me as high, it was a nice touch.

It is about time someone had the balls to bring up this topic. Dirty meat hooks are not only unsightly, but not hygienic. Shooting can leave lead and other dangerous deposits on our hands and it is important that we wash those nasty things off. I have found that the best product to use is dawn dishwashing detergent. I prefer the blue. It leaves my hands clean, but not stripped of moisture, and has a fresh clean scent.

Speaking of balls, what do all you professionals use on your.....

Ahhhhhh, nevermind...

I've tried that. But the blood from the one hand made it really tricky to hold the Dremel steady while doing the other. I guess I'm not really tactical. Perhaps I should wait for my beard to grow in

Sent by Jedi mind control

I've tried that. But the blood from the one hand made it really tricky to hold the Dremel steady while doing the other. I guess I'm not really tactical. Perhaps I should wait for my beard to grow in

Sent by Jedi mind control

Next time try a soldering iron. Much less blood.

Instead of soap, consider a cream such as this...............

https://www.dz-nuts.com/

Speaking of balls, what do all you professionals use on your.....

Ahhhhhh, nevermind...

LAVA for me