Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.223 Case Gauges

nwsnowbum

I'm looking at the EGW .223 50 round case gauge and the Tooth And Nail Armory 100 round case gauge.

I've contacted Shock Bottle a couple of times over the last year to see how their .223 case gauge is coming along, but it doesn't sound like it will be ready anytime soon.

Besides the obvious difference in capacity (and the high price for either), I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with both...or either a rave/negative review of either.

I'm not interested in smaller gauges, just these two gauges or if there is another gauge of similar capacity.

I use Shockbottle pistol gauges now...I keep them clean, and anything that fails is separated out, inspected, and usually shot during practice. Most of the issues being with the rims. I'm not really interested in the merits of gauging or not.

Thank you!

I have the 7 round EGW .223 gauge and it seems every hole is a little different. Meaning if I take one round and try it in every hole its a different height on every one. Because of this I gave up on worrying about it and just shoot em. I use the Lee FL resizing die and the Stretch 16 wyle (spelling) chamber barrel. Haven't had a problem.

• 2 weeks later...