Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro light strikes

CAB33

When I tried a pro for about a year I found it too finicky when mods were done. Somebody probably did something to lighten the trigger up and you get to figure it all out. :)

I'd look at the striker spring & channel. I had the same issue with a 9mm M&P... but only after about 25K rounds. Replacing the striker block assembly fixed it. Those things do wear out.

Another common cause for light strikes is improper striker block timing. This usually happens when people start messing with their trigger (and don't know what they're doing). Apex has a video that explains how to adjust the striker block timing, and it works on any trigger bar, not just those with an Apex sear or trigger) What happens is the striker block doesn't completely clear the striker and it slows the striker down enough to get light strikes.I just set the gap on mine to 0.018" and they work 100% (but that's in my gun, yours may be different)

• 3 weeks later...

W

That was it, new striker spring!

Just ran 300 rounds without any issues.

Which striker spring did you end up getting CAB? I have run 1400ish rounds thru my 5" Pro 9 after installing the ACEK and have had a total of 4 light strikes...2 last night at a local match. I just ended up putting the OE striker spring back on and am hoping to get some trigger time before the next match on Tuesday. If this doesn't work, I don't know what I'm gonna do.