Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Competition guns and EDC

Would you use any or all of your competition guns as an everyday carry gun? Are your competition guns reliable enough to trust your life to them? I'm just curious. I'd carry my Limited pistol, my 3-gun pistol, and my IDPA pistols using defensive rounds with confidence.

Yup! My 3 gun pistol (m&p) is my 3gun pistol, just add a light and fill with 23 rounds of hornady HP and it's good to go.

Same with my 3 gun rifle. A bit long for the house but outside its the fastest rifle I can shoot between 1 and 400 yards. Why wouldn't I use it for any and all purposes.

I actually had my EDC range officer compact tri topped and had the barrel cut down. Now it runs more like a competition gun, and it's even lighter than it was.

I would definitely trust my competition guns for that role.. I put thousands of rounds through them and they RUN! My only hesitation in carrying any of them would be the trigger weight I prefer for competition. I like light triggers and I would not want to have a carry gun set up with a sub 2lbs trigger pull

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely! My comp' gun is a M&P but the trigger is too light for carry IMO. But my 9c understudy is just the ticket with it's smoothed up but not lighter trigger. One of my HD guns is my comp' gun though. I just add a light/laser to it.

If my comp' gun wasn't reliable i wouldn't use it for competition. Yeah, I'd trust my life to it's reliability.

Edited by BrianKr