Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruminations on case-gauging

ChemistShooter

Every thing I reload for goes through a case gauge. I have several EGW gauges and they work fine. The 9mm I have is a little tighter fit than my Dillon gauge, but being able to check several rounds at a time speeds things up. The ones that stick are checked out on a Dillon gauge and used in practice in the pass. Also the nice thing about the EGW gauges is any high primers stick out.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about 30k into my 9mm reloading career and not once have I wished I had case gauged. I don't even own a 9mm case gauge.

My quality control is to lay out all the loaded rounds on a rag, look at them, then turn them a bit and look at them again. Then they go into a 10x10 ammo box, and when it is full I use my finger tips to check primer height and eyes to check primer condition (old primers, upside down).

What kind of 9mm gun(s) are you shooting?

Mostly shooting in CZ Shadows. About 4k through CZ TS 9mm.

Some guns are more forgiving than others - the few CZ's I've encountered have short throats. Not sure ho wloosetight the chamber is tho. My Tanfo's are short throated but seem to have forgiving chambers with respect to eating case gauge failures. I stil save CG failures for practice ammo - just in case.

Edited by Beastly