Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The "400" USPSA Match Announcement

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an awesome match! Thanks to all the match staff and sponsors that help run the match, you made the 15 hour drive worth it. Special thanks to Ryan and Jim Stinar with SNS Casting for all your support.

Edited by chevymen21

37 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

Crazy efficient match after the rain out on Saturday afternoon.

That part was interesting. As the shooters saw that the s.o.'s were humping it they followed suit and made it happen, durn fast and efficient pasting and no waiting on somebody to get to the line or any of that stuff. Seemed like folks were having fun with how things were going. 

My wife's second major, but first one we travelled together to. Had a great dinner on 4th St. in Louisville on Fri., sightseeing the Chinese boat races at the Waterfront on Sat., dinner with a friend that evening, and 15 fun stages. On the way home she asked when we are doing it again. 

One by one The Indiana 400 stages are being disassembled & coming down. I want to thank everyone who was involved in setting up and worked the Indiana 400 match.
Stage setup crew was John Seewer, Rich St. Clair, John Cambron, Rob Hill, Craig & Dave Benefiel, Dan Boone, Jeff McCauley, Bill DeZarn, Paul Francis, Jeff Jones and others whose name has slipped my mind. Pretty sure Mike Moser and Chase Harber helped one evening.

Jake & Paul spent a lot of time proofing the stages and catching problem areas. Work that resulted in a smooth, problem free match.
The Ro's did a magnificent job. The RO seminar held @ SCCC 2 weeks earlier was nearly entirely present and working the Indiana 400 match.

The SNS Casting crew was especially gracious and I thank them for their match sponsorship.

A special Thank You to Kevin Mayfield, who I showed how to be bumped from single stack to open division with one small paster. Kevin helped with stage setup, manufactured 80+ new metal vision barrier stands for our new vision barriers and smoked 27 pounds of pulled pork for Saturday's match lunch.

Ron Buschmann of Shooters Supply & Law Enforcement Equipment provided RO prize table prizes. I want to thank Ron for his continued support of the Indiana 400 match and Silver Creek Conservation Club.

Proceeds from the Indiana 400 match will help with our goal of making SCCC a premier shooting facility for our members and friends.

A true team effort. Thank You to everyone involved.

2 hours ago, colt22man said:

A special Thank You to Kevin Mayfield, who I showed how to be bumped from single stack to open division with one small paster.

I recall hearing this and if I remember correctly the rules don't support a bump to open.  Rule 8.7.2 seems to cover the events as I recall them.

1. 8.7.2  Competitors are prohibited from using any guns or gun replicas as sighting aids while conducting their inspection (“walkthrough”) of a course of fire. Violations will incur one procedural penalty per occurrence (also see Rule 10.5.1). 

12 hours ago, mccurdy53 said:

I recall hearing this and if I remember correctly the rules don't support a bump to open.  Rule 8.7.2 seems to cover the events as I recall them.

1. 8.7.2  Competitors are prohibited from using any guns or gun replicas as sighting aids while conducting their inspection (“walkthrough”) of a course of fire. Violations will incur one procedural penalty per occurrence (also see Rule 10.5.1). 

A person put a paster on his magazine opening, it was determined to be an illegal modification to a production gun (aiming aid for reloads). Nothing was related to his walk through / inspection of the course of fire.

I wasn't there when it happened but Kevin relayed the story to me directly, rather passionately :) . 

12 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

A person put a paster on his magazine opening, it was determined to be an illegal modification to a production gun (aiming aid for reloads). Nothing was related to his walk through / inspection of the course of fire.

I wasn't there when it happened but Kevin relayed the story to me directly, rather passionately :) . 

I stand corrected.  I understood the bump to Open was related to the walkthrough.

17 minutes ago, colt22man said:

single stack.

My bad, assumed production.

I have not got the 'bump to open' rules figured out. I know you get there by various violations related to gun specs & holster specs & magazine carriage specs & etc. , but have not found the 'do this and you will get bumped' wording in black and white. 

I know a guy that teaches such things if someone on the forum does not come up with the answer. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS