Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M9A3

ShipWreck

Anyone else here have the Beretta M9A3? I picked up one in December... I couldn't resist, being such a Beretta nut. Despite the color, I love the gun! It's actually my favorite to shoot out of all my Berettas and all my guns.

I've owned like 27 different 92 variants over 20+ years. Every once in a while - I'll come across 1 that is a tiny bit more accurate than the others... Do not know why. I have one 92FS I have held onto over the years - because of this reason. And, the M9A3 I have is like it too. It's REALLY nice at the range. I also really like the Vertec slide (prefer it to the Brig slide - the front sight on the Brigs are a little shorter).

I was super happy that Beretta made the conversion grip a hogue rubber grip. I like the standard 92 grip over the feel of a vertec grip...

ab5862f3d04bf3aa6b947e1f67fbe0b0.jpg

I like the standard 92 grip over the feel of a vertec grip...

You crazy! Vertec grip is the single largest improvement on any 92.

Sorry - over 20+ years, I have owned 1 Vertec, and 26 other 92 variants with the standard grip. Sorry :)

• 9 months later...

I love mine

I am having been using a safariland profit holster.

If there was thing I really don't rate it would be the sights. The sliver rings are to bright and a three dot configuration is way to busy for me. I have been blacking the sights out and it seems to be working okay. I would rather some a thin fiber on the front with some solid black rears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipwreck, very cool purchase.  The pooh brown grows on you after a while.

I hope I'm not taking this off topic or stepping on your thread, but I had a question for those of you that shoot a standard slide Beretta and offerings with the Brigadier slide.  How do they compare side by side?

Does the heavier slide have a noticeable difference on recoil impulse?

I have the Wilson Brigtac but was considering purchasing the M9A3 and wanted some insight.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2016 at 2:27 AM, CMcD said:

I hope I'm not taking this off topic or stepping on your thread, but I had a question for those of you that shoot a standard slide Beretta and offerings with the Brigadier slide.  How do they compare side by side?

Does the heavier slide have a noticeable difference on recoil impulse?

I can tell the recoil on a brig, just slightly less "snappy" when compared to a std. 92 slide.

It isn't that noticeable, tho... 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...