Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 9mm Load Recipes and Accuracy Thread

Magsz

3 hours ago, saibot said:

Bill

I just received a PV order with some Prima-V to try out. This is for my Production 320, using 125 SNS. What charge would you suggest on the powder?

Thanks for the information!!

3.7 or 3.8 should get you in the 130pf range. The 320 barrels are like any others in that some are faster and some are slower, but that charge should get you where you want to be regardless.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, bigtimelarry said:

I'm going to get N320 and load some.  Since the company was bought out I heard the N320 wasn't exactly the same powder.

Any truth to that,   Also what OAL did you use ? Thanks.

I don't know about N320 not being the same powder, though its not uncommon for powder characteristics to vary some from lot to lot. The stuff I've been loading with I purchased in 2015 and it performed similarly to N320 I bought in 2000. I ended up having to bump my load up to 4.2 from 4.1 to get my desired pf, but that could have just as well been a difference in barrels. At any rate, if you don't mind spending the extra money, you can't go wrong with N320. I think I mentioned it in a previous post, but I'm currently running Prima V for my 9mm loads. I really like it. Shoots soft, clean, and accurate with charges similar to Titegroup. Its also considerably cheaper than N320.

My OAL for both the V-Crown and MG 124s was 1.10". There wasn't a specific reason for that length other than it worked in all my 9mm pistols, and it turned out it was a very accurate load.

• 3 months later...

After reading this post I ordered a pound of Prima V and while I do not have a vast background with different powders compared to many of you, Prima V is my go to powder now for 9mm minor. I have been loading 3.2gr Prima V with 135gr from Black Bullets, ACME and Blue Bullets matched with a 14# Wolff spring. Recently received an order of 135's from Bayou Bullets as well picked up a few of their 160's to test out at 2.6gr as well picked up a 12.5# ISMI spring to test with the loads.

Thank you to all that posted here, it has helped out a lot.

After reading this post I ordered a pound of Prima V and while I do not have a vast background with different powders compared to many of you, Prima V is my go to powder now for 9mm minor. I have been loading 3.2gr Prima V with 135gr from Black Bullets, ACME and Blue Bullets matched with a 14# Wolff spring. Recently received an order of 135's from Bayou Bullets as well picked up a few of their 160's to test out at 2.6gr as well picked up a 12.5# ISMI spring to test with the loads.

Thank you to all that posted here, it has helped out a lot.

Kind of off topic; I'm running a 15# Wilson combat spring, every time I've heard someone mention ISMI springs they've always referred to them in high regard. What's so special about ISMI springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, bandw1dth said:

Kind of off topic; I'm running a 15# Wilson combat spring, every time I've heard someone mention ISMI springs they've always referred to them in high regard. What's so special about ISMI springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would compare your question to the old 9mm vs 45 argument. Really it will come down to personal preference. I have not seen any official data proving one over the other. A common trend that you will see is ISMI springs lasting longer than wolff. I have springs from both companies and don't have an issue with either. I buy new springs when I am placing an order for other products on websites like shooters connection. I will throw a spring or two into my cart no matter if they are wolff or ISMI. I am sure there are others here that have a more personal preference and can explain why.